Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > Community > MacNN Lounge > Political/War Lounge > Spliffdaddy's Back!!!

Spliffdaddy's Back!!!
dcmacdaddy
Addicted to MacNN
Nov 13, 2006, 01:09 AM

I was just looking to see who was browsing and it was me and Spliffdaddy.

Welcome Back!!! How was the cruise? How were the women on the cruise? Did they groove to the purple pimp hat? Tell us all the details.

So, have you read the predictions thread yet? How close were you? How does it feel to return to a bluer country than you when you left?
One should never stop striving for clarity of thought and precision of expression.
I would prefer my humanity sullied with the tarnish of science rather than the gloss of religion.

marden
Baninated
Nov 13, 2006, 04:10 AM

Hey man!

Dakar²
Addicted to MacNN
Nov 13, 2006, 09:21 AM

Didn't he lose a bet with someone over the abortion thing?

BlueSky
Mac Elite
Nov 13, 2006, 11:57 AM

Oh. Please.

Spliffdaddy
Posting Junkie
Nov 13, 2006, 12:12 PM

YAY, I'm back.

Still reading posts...give me a day or two to catch up on what's going on. I didn't have access to any legitimate news sources for almost 2 weeks. When I found out the Dems did well at the polls I felt sorry for them. Not exactly the best time to be running the country. Ah well, I expect nothing to change - since we merely swapped moderate conservatives for more moderate conservatives. At least now we'll be able to witness the Democrats "new ideas". Something we haven't been able to witness for the last decade.

Anyhow, I forgot who I lost the abortion bet with. I'll change my sig when I figure out who it was.

Damn I look good.

here's a few pictures of the cruise...I'll post more later today. Dialup internet, ya know.
Nov 2006

BlueSky
Mac Elite
Nov 13, 2006, 12:17 PM

Is it true you'll be changing your name to S. Daddy after your next post drops? That would be the bomb.

marden
Baninated
Nov 13, 2006, 03:24 PM

Originally Posted by BlueSky View Post
Is it true you'll be changing your name to S. Daddy after your next post drops? That would be the bomb.
S. Diddy...no, better yet...S. Doobie!

Nov 13, 2006, 04:43 PM

You look like a very nice person.

Spliffdaddy
Posting Junkie
Nov 13, 2006, 07:23 PM

Thanks for the compliment.

In the real world I am a very nice person.

(well, nice enough)

marden
Baninated
Nov 13, 2006, 07:54 PM

Maybe, Doobie Daddy??

Tuoder
Mac Elite
Nov 13, 2006, 07:57 PM

Puff Doobie.

besson3c
Clinically Insane
Nov 13, 2006, 08:05 PM

Hey Spliffdaddy (if that is your real name): did you let those girls comb your mustache?

voodoo
Posting Junkie
Nov 13, 2006, 09:05 PM

Always a pleasure to see Spliffdaddy around. Congratulations on becoming officially insane!

V
I could take Sean Connery in a fight... I could definitely take him.

besson3c
Clinically Insane
Nov 13, 2006, 09:53 PM

Originally Posted by Spliffdaddy View Post
Ah well, I expect nothing to change - since we merely swapped moderate conservatives for more moderate conservatives. At least now we'll be able to witness the Democrats "new ideas". Something we haven't been able to witness for the last decade.

No offense Spliffdaddy, but your perceptions have proven to have quite a history of being wildly inaccurate. Perhaps you shouldn't share them with us? If we were 12 years old, we'd be laughing in your face and telling you that we told you so WRT the election outcome...

Look at the agenda the Democrats will be pushing... there is not much in there that is a staple of conservative ideology. There are some conservative Democrats, mostly fiscal Conservatives (since the Republicans have abandoned this ideology). However, there are also several of the same characters you have been ranting and raving about being too Liberal for years.

I'd say that we are far more moderate left than moderate right, but that's okay because I'm frankly better with moderate left or right than I am with far right, like we've had for a while.

Wasn't it you that said that America is becoming more and more conservative, and some people don't like Bush because he is too Liberal? Was that just your character speaking?

Good thing I'm not 12 years old

Spliffdaddy
Posting Junkie
Nov 13, 2006, 09:55 PM

Let them comb my moustache?

I don't let my girls do anything.

remember:

pimps do what they want
hoes do what they're told
and a square does what he can

I got a standing ovation during a formal dinner because I was wearing my pimp hat and sunglasses. This was a bunch of *old* folks, too. Being a pimp ain't easy. People give you a lot of respect because of that.

Honestly though, the girls are spoken-for. Simply friends of mine from way back. Abby is a cruise planner that finds cheap fares. She's married to a guy I worked for last winter in Tampa - while he was in Baghdad. Abby is also Kate's cousin. Kate used to work with me at AT&T in Charlotte back in 2000. The other folks are friends of Abby. It's a long story, but what the hell. One of the guitar playing dudes was supposed to get married and take the cruise on his honeymoon. He booked some of the best cabins available - back in April. Then his girlfriend pulled one of those 'runaway wife' scenarios and disappeared around the first of October. So he was stuck with no wedding and no honeymoon and several non-refundable cabins for a cruise he wasn't going on. So we decided to celebrate his non-marriage and joined him on the cruise. First time I'd met those folks.

Holland America is one of the nicer cruiselines, but they tend to draw an older crowd. Me and the folks I was with were some of the youngest people on the ship, aside from the crew members. So, there weren't many opportunities to mingle and flirt and whatnot. I'll stick with Royal Caribbean in the future...until I get older, at least.

besson3c
Clinically Insane
Nov 13, 2006, 09:58 PM

Let them comb my moustache?

I don't let my girls do anything.

remember:

pimps do what they want

I got a standing ovation during a formal dinner because I was wearing my pimp hat and sunglasses. This was a bunch of *old* folks, too. Being a pimp ain't easy. People give you a lot of respect because of that.

Honestly though, the girls are spoken-for. Simply friends of mine from way back. Abby is a cruise planner that finds cheap fares. She's married to a guy I worked for last winter in Tampa - while he was in Baghdad. Abby is also Kate's cousin. Kate used to work with me at AT&T in Charlotte back in 2000. The other folks are friends of Abby. It's a long story, but what the hell. One of the guitar playing dudes was supposed to get married and take the cruise on his honeymoon. He booked some of the best cabins available - back in April. Then his girlfriend pulled one of those 'runaway wife' scenarios and disappeared around the first of October. So he was stuck with no wedding and no honeymoon and several non-refundable cabins for a cruise he wasn't going on. So we decided to celebrate his non-marriage and joined him on the cruise. First time I'd met those folks.

Holland America is one of the nicer cruiselines, but they tend to draw an older crowd. Me and the folks I was with were some of the youngest people on the ship, aside from the crew members. So, there weren't many opportunities to mingle and flirt and whatnot. I'll stick with Royal Caribbean in the future...until I get older, at least.

Royal has a decent rep for working on too... I've worked on several Carnival boats, being a "Party Ship" got old rather fast...

besson3c
Clinically Insane
Nov 13, 2006, 10:05 PM

pimps do what they want

Am I a pimp or a ho?

... Remember that you aren't allowed to call people names in here now, nincompoop.

dcmacdaddy  (op)
Addicted to MacNN
Nov 13, 2006, 10:13 PM

YAY, I'm back.

mindless political stuff snipped.

Damn I look good.
Damn, you do look good. Rockin' the tux with the purple pimp hat.
One should never stop striving for clarity of thought and precision of expression.
I would prefer my humanity sullied with the tarnish of science rather than the gloss of religion.

Spliffdaddy
Posting Junkie
Nov 13, 2006, 10:15 PM

Originally Posted by besson3c View Post
No offense Spliffdaddy, but your perceptions have proven to have quite a history of being wildly inaccurate. Perhaps you shouldn't share them with us? If we were 12 years old, we'd be laughing in your face and telling you that we told you so WRT the election outcome...

Look at the agenda the Democrats will be pushing... there is not much in there that is a staple of conservative ideology. There are some conservative Democrats, mostly fiscal Conservatives (since the Republicans have abandoned this ideology). However, there are also several of the same characters you have been ranting and raving about being too Liberal for years.

I'd say that we are far more moderate left than moderate right, but that's okay because I'm frankly better with moderate left or right than I am with far right, like we've had for a while.

Wasn't it you that said that America is becoming more and more conservative, and some people don't like Bush because he is too Liberal? Was that just your character speaking?

Good thing I'm not 12 years old
I see it this way.

Americans were dissatisfied with their elected representatives, so they sought to make some changes. Seeing as how the Republicans have been dominating since 1994, it is only fair to assume that Americans have been more conservative than in previous years. So, you either have to say that many Americans became more liberal overnight - or - that more Americans simply voted-out the incumbant, who was typically a Republican. You can't with a straight face tell me that the Democrats had better ideas and solutions than the Republicans...else I'll have you explain those 'new ideas' to me. Which you can't do.

My opinion is that it would be unlikely that millions of Americans became more liberal practically overnight. Don't you agree? I can't think of any other legitimate reasons besides the "throw the bums out" mentality. So, I think they threw the bums out.

I can tell you for sure that conservatives have never been happy with all the actions and decisions of the Bush Administration. He isn't a conservative. Bottom line. Republicans do not have a hard-on for Dubya.

The Dems have 2 years to make good things happen. Which is entirely possible. Keep in mind that the new House and Senate haven't really changed ideologically. The Dems cannot override a veto, so it ain't likely they'll be able to do anything Dubya doesn't like. The newest Dems aren't liberals, either. They're primarily moderates. Which is what makes up most of the Republicans anyways. I predict nothing interesting will happen over the next 2 years. If it does, it will likely be based on pre-2006 actions which the Democratic majority had no part of.

I expect the voters to "throw the bums out" again in 2008. Mostly because nothing will have improved.

besson3c
Clinically Insane
Nov 13, 2006, 10:40 PM

Spliffdaddy:

I'm not going to try to explain to you what ideas the Democrats as a whole have, because I don't keep track of who says what and when, don't really care.

I will say that the left (i.e. those with left-leaning ideology) most certainly have ideas. We've tried to share some of our ideas in here, but at the time you didn't really seem interested in listening or getting into that particular line of debate. If we didn't have ideas, why or how would this lounge exist?

Like I said, I'm not going to play cheerleader for the Democrats, because I really don't care. However, I did start a thread about the new Democratic agenda, and the ideas that Pelosi has helped publicize. Many of these ideas have been discussed here in the past, and so far not too many people have shot down these ideas as being completely entirely outlandish and unreasonable.

Just saying this because if you honestly have no clue as to what our ideas are, you might check out that thread.

I also hope you were speaking only of terrorism though, because obviously the left has many ideas on issues outside of terrorism too: the environment, energy, health care reform, etc. They may not be ideas you agree with, but they are ideas. I suspect you were speaking specifically IRT terrorism though...

Forum Links
Forum Rules