Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > Hardware - Troubleshooting and Discussion > Mac Notebooks > Infuriating!

Infuriating!
Slappy32
Fresh-Faced Recruit
Nov 17, 2006, 01:53 PM

Sorry, but I have to vent.

The bozos at Apple have pushed my ship date for my 17" MBP from 11/16 to 12/5. It's certainly not the first time this has happend to me, but it is infuriating when the apparently arbitrary date of shipping goes by and they extend it by over two weeks after the original date has passed. One would think that they would possibly know that they weren't going to meet the ship date and adjust it as time passes, but apparently, that is way to compliacted. How is it I can hate a company I love so much? I also understand that the delay are probably due to suppliers and out of their control, but a little timely information to the customer is never a bad thing. This reminds me of that old Tom Hanks movie, The Money Pit. Whenever they asked their contractor when something would be done, the reply was, "about two weeks." C'mon Apple, get your act together.

GraphicLounge.co.uk
Fresh-Faced Recruit
Nov 17, 2006, 02:09 PM

They haven't pushed my date back but they are taking almost a month to get my MBP to me.
Ridiculous if you ask me...it's my first Mac too so am not too impressed.
----------------------------------------------------------
< You may borrow my advice....am not using it! >

ibook_steve
Nov 17, 2006, 03:40 PM

If you need a machine so quickly, go into an Apple store and pick one up. This is not the end of the world, I repeat, this is not the end of the world.

Steve

Film Prof
Fresh-Faced Recruit
Nov 17, 2006, 04:27 PM

Originally Posted by ibook_steve View Post
If you need a machine so quickly, go into an Apple store and pick one up. This is not the end of the world, I repeat, this is not the end of the world.

Steve
It is if you have no other home computer to work on.

I sent my MBP C2D back on Tuesday, because of logic board difficulties. They promised me one-day shipping and a replacement by yesterday, today at the latest.

Now we're looking at next week, probably after Thanksgiving, which means all of the catch-up work I was going to do over the Thanksgiving weekend might not get done, and certainly none of the video-intensive stuff--which is what I bought the damned thing for.

Just going into an Apple store means a smaller HD, since they don't have "custom" models in stock, which strikes me as a little ridiculous, given that most people I've encountered have opted to pay the extra $90 for the 160GB drive.

So it may not be the end of the world, but it is an enormous pain in the ass, and Apple needs to do something about it.

Soccerji
Fresh-Faced Recruit
Nov 17, 2006, 05:21 PM

i was about to order online as well, but decided to stop by my local apple store, they said that they hadn't received the 17 inch mbp's, they have the 15 but not the 17, i wonder why ??

i asked them when will they expect it, all they could tell me was...
we don't have a estimated date, we don't know...

Forum Links
Forum Rules