Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > Hardware - Troubleshooting and Discussion > Mac Desktops > latest mac pros at amazon

latest mac pros at amazon
gangster
Forum Regular
Feb 2, 2008, 05:21 PM

they have them with free shipping and rebates finally.

maybe the best deal for standard configurations.

cnlevo
Fresh-Faced Recruit
Feb 3, 2008, 01:01 AM

no links?

I get a $200 discount for being a student. So if it doesn't match that then it's not worth buying, and as I work for AT&T i know customers who have bought from amazon because they are so cheap but didn't read the stips...and they got charged over $200 for changing the smallest thing. I'm not a big fan of amazon, but I'm going to go check it out. Since I'm ordering a mac pro within the week.

It's a $150 rebate. Which is not as much as my $200 rebate and the piece of mind of speaking to someone when i purchase a near $3k machine. IMHO
( Last edited by cnlevo; Feb 3, 2008 at 01:10 AM. )

toobiloo
Fresh-Faced Recruit
Feb 3, 2008, 03:24 PM

I too have the $200 student discount, but when you factor in not having to pay sale tax from amazon, and their $150 discount, it comes in at ~$130 cheaper to buy from Amazon instead of Apple, on their standard configuration.

mduell
Posting Junkie
Feb 3, 2008, 06:00 PM

Originally Posted by cnlevo View Post
It's a $150 rebate. Which is not as much as my $200 rebate and the piece of mind of speaking to someone when i purchase a near $3k machine. IMHO
Which piece of your mind is that?

I have no qualms about buying as something as standardized as a Mac Pro from an online store. If anything I'd expect the phone CSRs to screw it up more than a website.

Forum Links
Forum Rules