Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > Community > MacNN Lounge > What the hell?!

What the hell?! (Page 2)
finboy
Mar 18, 2010, 09:41 PM

Originally Posted by ghporter View Post
Unfortunately it's not just doctors. A lot of people in society feel that being overweight is always a choice that the individual can reverse at will. Even when the person making such judgments is nowhere near their own ideal weight, if they themselves aren't morbidly obese they feel they are qualified and entitled to voice their opinions, often loudly and harshly.
Yep, it's ok to discriminate against fat people, laugh at the "WalMart" or "NASCAR" crowd. I've heard it all of my life, and I've fought a weight problem all of my life. With many of us it isn't a behavioral issue, it's genetic, and without extraordinary measures it isn't something we can do anything about. Sometimes that isn't even enough.

Back to the OP:

This stupid b*tch needs to be locked up as a danger to herself. She doesn't need to be raising a child, either, if her expressed goal is to slowly kill herself. For those of us who worry about our weight and being around for OUR KIDS, this is intolerable. She needs to be committed as insane/suicidal.

Methinks this is one hella marketing ploy. Really stupid, but effective. Still, like the balloon boy thingy, she needs to be scrutinized by psychiatric professionals.

Forum Links
Forum Rules