Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > Software - Troubleshooting and Discussion > Alternative Operating Systems > Bluetooth not working in XP

Bluetooth not working in XP
brokenbells
Oct 9, 2006, 07:43 AM

I bought myself a new mobile, the Sony Ericsson Z550i. The PC suite software that comes along with it works only on windows. So i installed it in the windows partiotion of my iMac 20". But the my software doesnt seem to communicate with my telephone. It seems that theere is a bluetoth communication error. I have tried everything in the book, including, using other software, but none of them seem to be able to detect my phone, even thogh windows detects it?

Can someone give me a solution, since all i want to do is transfer my address book comtents to my phone.

Can anyone tell me how to do it on my mac since iSync doesnt support it for my Mobile

Vikram
-------
Dont worry that today is the last day of the world, its already tomorrow in Australia....

seanc
Moderator Emeritus
Oct 9, 2006, 08:11 AM

1. Wrong Forum.
2. Have you looked for any third party plugins or hacks for iSync.
3. Have you tried downloading the latest drivers from SE (if there are any).
4. Can your phone communicate with other bluetooth enabled phones?
5. Can XP communicate with other bluetooth devices?

ghporter
Administrator
Oct 9, 2006, 09:50 AM

This does indeed belong in the Alternative OS forum since your problem is only with BT under Windows.

Glenn -----OTR/L, MOT, Tx

brokenbells  (op)
Oct 9, 2006, 04:56 PM

I am sorry about the wrong topic bit.....i thought it was more bout my mac.

Well yes, my windows is updated to the latest. Yes, my phone does interact with other phones AND my mac - both in OS and windows, and yes i have tried other hacks for iSync....which i may say are pretty limited....atleast 3 or 4 hours of searching made me believe this.

Since The sony ericsson Z550i is not supported by iSync, and no other hacks were helpful/available, i tried the native PC suite provided be Sony for my telephone in windows. Windows does detect my phone and file transfer IS possible. But when it comes to the PC suite or any other syncing software for mobiles, none of them are able to detect my telephone.

I suspect , it is because of a PCI conflict which, as i see, in the hardware properties in windows. Now bootcamp doesnt seem to have any drivers for them, and therefore i cannot do anything about it.

What i wanted to know was, are there any hacks/apps available trial/open-soarce/shareware, that will help me in syncing my address book atleast once - in windows or mac OS. I have a huge phone book and it is going to be very painful and its going to take painfully long before i enter them all manually into my mobile.....so......if anyone could help......
Vikram
-------
Dont worry that today is the last day of the world, its already tomorrow in Australia....

macboy
Dedicated MacNNer
Oct 10, 2006, 12:38 AM

Have you tried looking at macosxhints.com? They have quick-fix hacks for SE phones that make them fully compatible with iSync.

Also make sure your have the latest firmware installed for your phone. Check at Esato.

Forum Links
Forum Rules