Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > Software - Troubleshooting and Discussion > Applications > Scrapbook for Safari

Scrapbook for Safari
mikeini
Forum Regular
Jan 8, 2007, 01:46 AM

OK before the flames begin - i know that in Safari i can save the page as a web archive but through much googling and a lot of searching, i was looking for a something like a plugin that was like the SCRAPBOOK extension for FF ... where its one easy step and its there as its own type of bookmark. To save the page is in all honesty a big pain in the ass ...

Does anything like this exist? My trepidation towards FF is that on my 12" PB .. it just doesnt run as smooth nor as fast as Safari ..... but as i love sites like DIGG, it would be AMAZING to be able to do this IN safari ..

anyone???

mikeini  (op)
Forum Regular
Jan 15, 2007, 11:24 PM

bump ... anyone? The last thing I want to do is ditch safari .... SOMEONE.. ANYONE!

brokenbells
Jan 16, 2007, 03:10 AM

Though Safari is really good, it is high time that they upgrade and caught up with th rest of the world.

In ease of use and functionality, the present browser i prefer the most is Firefox. With all the downloadable extensions, it pushes browsing capabilities further than the browsing that you get from Safari.

Difficult to do it, but you can definately try switching to Firefox.
Vikram
-------
Dont worry that today is the last day of the world, its already tomorrow in Australia....

mikeini  (op)
Forum Regular
Jan 22, 2007, 08:44 PM

i completely agree. my only gripe with FF is that its still a little slow on my 12" PB .... whereas Safari is very very fast. But for me, who loves sites like digg.com etc, to be able to "bookmarklet" and what not - would be a very nice addition. Perhaps in tiger?

Forum Links
Forum Rules