Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > Hardware - Troubleshooting and Discussion > Mac Notebooks > silver iBooks

silver iBooks
madmacgames
Grizzled Veteran
Jun 10, 2004, 01:05 AM

did Apple make some silver G4 iBooks?

I was in CompUSA the other day and I could *swear* they had a silver G4 iBook. I was convinced so I came home to look them up on Apple's website and didn't see anything about them.

But I know CompUSA had one... they had to have. They had a 12" powerbook on display and right beside a 12" iBook and beside that a 14" iBook and beside that another 14" iBook, except it looked like it was silver. Not quite the same silver as powerbooks, and it definitely had to be an iBook. It was exactly the same size & shape as the 14" white iBook it was sitting right beside and was plastic casing, etc... just looked like the casing was a sort of silver instead of white (could have been the lighting, but like I said it was sitting right beside 2 other iBooks and there was a clear difference in color).

I was about to tell my friend, who would like an iBook but is not too fond of the snow white, that they are now making silver iBooks when I went to Apple and didn't see them there...

Am I going crazy?

madmacgames  (op)
Grizzled Veteran
Jun 10, 2004, 01:13 AM

I guess I am going crazy, in some ways...

looked again at the Apple site and it looks like all iBooks are now a silver-ish color on the inside and white on outside...

guess compUSA just still has some of the all white iBooks

nJm
Dedicated MacNNer
Jun 10, 2004, 05:10 AM

Actually they are not.

All the G3 iBooks had silver coloured inside bits (around the screen and around the keyboard). The outside was clear with white underneath.

The G4 iBooks are solid white on the outside, and a light (flat) white/grey colour inside.

So I'm guessing you saw a new white-ish G4 sitting next to an old silver G3.
MBP 2.16ghz 15"
iMac G5 1.6Ghz 17"
Powermac 7200/120

macaddict0001
Mac Elite
Jun 28, 2004, 12:21 AM

yeah no silver

what eelse is their to say

Forum Links
Forum Rules