Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > Community > Marketplace > WTB: Powerbook G4 Ti (Older)

WTB: Powerbook G4 Ti (Older)
brijackmac2
May 22, 2005, 09:50 PM

I'm looking to buy an older Powerbook G4. If you have something in good condition in the 350 to 500 Mhz range with a DVD optical drive, I'd be interested. Buying as a secondary computer so I'm not looking to spend a fortune. Please send me info/prices to my e-mail address. I'll check this post periodically. Thanks!

chipchen
Mac Elite
May 22, 2005, 10:38 PM

I've got a 9.5 out of 10 condition PowerBook G4 Titanium 500MHz that I'm thinking of getting rid of. It's got 1GB RAM, Combo drive, 40GB 5400 HD. And the best thing is... it's still under warranty! It's got until about August, in which case you can buy AppleCare and it will be covered for TWO MORE YEARS. Comes with all original packaging in near great condition. Battery life is excellent. Oh, and built in AirPort card.

Send me an offer.

discotronic
Mac Elite
May 22, 2005, 10:54 PM

Originally Posted by chipchen
I've got a 9.5 out of 10 condition PowerBook G4 Titanium 500MHz that I'm thinking of getting rid of. It's got 1GB RAM, Combo drive, 40GB 5400 HD. And the best thing is... it's still under warranty! It's got until about August, in which case you can buy AppleCare and it will be covered for TWO MORE YEARS. Comes with all original packaging in near great condition. Battery life is excellent. Oh, and built in AirPort card.

Send me an offer.
That machine was discontinued Oct. 2001. How is it that you can still get Applecare on it?

osxpinot
Senior User
May 22, 2005, 11:01 PM

Refurb maybe?

PowerTower Fan
May 22, 2005, 11:20 PM

I don't think Apple has sold a refurb'ed model like that in a long time, at least in a few years. I have a feeling either Chipchen is a little confused and thinks you can purchase Applecare on top of Applecare or its alot more than 500mhz.

powertrippin
Baninated
May 22, 2005, 11:56 PM

ChipChen sold me a nice digital camera for a good price and the product was better than described. He's a very good seller.

chipchen
Mac Elite
May 23, 2005, 07:13 PM

Nope... I'm not confused and I know what I'm talking about. Anyway.. I'll entertain offers through PM if interested.

Forum Links
Forum Rules