Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > Enthusiast Zone > Networking > Latest airport update... holy crap

Latest airport update... holy crap
madmacgames
Grizzled Veteran
Jul 26, 2005, 03:00 PM

Just installed the latest airport update. I'm on the 2nd floor and have a linksys 54G wireless router on the 1st floor. Before, my powerbook airport extreme card got about 30% signal at best... After installing the latest update, it now shows I am picking up 100% signal?

My wireless connection does *seem* to be better... but I'm not sure if this is for real or some bug now, but if it is for real, yeah for Apple finally getting it right (airport connections to non-airport networks that is)
The only thing necessary for evil to flourish is for good men to do nothing
- Edmund Burke

dcwasabi
Fresh-Faced Recruit
Jul 27, 2005, 10:04 AM

I found a little better reception with the update as well. Not quite as much as I needed. Though, I do feel a bit more encouraged about getting an antenna. Now, if only I could find an omni-directional that easily hooks up to my ibook, I'd be set.

tcphoto
Jul 29, 2005, 10:17 AM

I noticed that the reception bars went from 3 to 4 bars after the update. Unfortunetly, after launching iStumbler I saw that the signal is no stronger. It seems to be a superficial improvement.

bstone
Mac Elite
Aug 7, 2005, 07:19 AM

Think HyperWRT
www.hyperwrt.org
Emergency Medicine & Urgent Care.

Forum Links
Forum Rules