Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > Community > MacNN Lounge > Political/War Lounge > UK: 1,000+ foreign criminals released onto the streets

UK: 1,000+ foreign criminals released onto the streets
moodymonster
Mac Elite
Apr 25, 2006, 05:11 PM

The home secretary says he "regrets" that 1,023 foreign prisoners have been allowed to walk free when they were meant to be considered for deportation.
They include three murderers and nine rapists, Home Office figures show.

Charles Clarke said he could not say "hand on heart" that they would all be tracked down but said he did not think it was a "resigning matter".

So far the Immigration and Nationality Directorate (IND) has located 107 of the total, leading to 20 deportations.

Among the offenders, five had been convicted of committing sex offences on children, seven had served time for other sex offences, 57 for violent offences and two for manslaughter.
http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/uk_politics/4942886.stm

What was that slogan again? "tough on crime, tough on the causes of crime"? my arse.

And Charles Clarke says he won't resign. How much more of a f0ck up can you have? He released murderers, pedophiles, rapists and other criminals into the population. As home secretary he is responsible. And they tried to hide it (no wonder).

And even when found out, they didn't stop doing it. FFS!

lil'babykitten
Professional Poster
Apr 25, 2006, 05:46 PM

oops?!

Doofy
Clinically Insane
Apr 25, 2006, 07:15 PM

Originally Posted by lil'babykitten
oops?!
Not likely. These buggers are setting us up for something, I can feel it in me bones.

It's probably to do with showing us how ID cards would resolve the situation or something.
Been inclined to wander... off the beaten track.
That's where there's thunder... and the wind shouts back.

abe
Professional Poster
Apr 26, 2006, 05:10 AM

Originally Posted by Doofy
Not likely. These buggers are setting us up for something, I can feel it in me bones.

It's probably to do with showing us how ID cards would resolve the situation or something.
I was thinking something seemed 'funny' about it, as well.
America should know the political orientation of government officials who might be in a position to adversely influence the future of this country. http://tinyurl.com/4vucu5

moodymonster  (op)
Mac Elite
Apr 26, 2006, 06:08 AM

Mr Clarke only found out about the fiasco because of persistent questioning by an MP on the Commons Public Accounts Committee. The Home Secretary also admitted that the department had supplied inaccurate information to the committee about the extent of the blunder.
http://www.timesonline.co.uk/article...2305_2,00.html

so, he doesn't even know what's going on in his own department, when told doesn't stop it:

The Home Secretary disclosed the resignation offer, which he said was turned down, after it emerged that 288 of the prisoners involved - or more than a quarter - had been released since the Government was told of the problem by the National Audit Office last summer.
and still believes (along with TCB) that he shouldn't resign. He should resign; any one who has had someone attacked or worse by the people he released, should line up to kick him in the balls - scrub that, he hasn't got any.

lil'babykitten
Professional Poster
Apr 26, 2006, 12:29 PM

Whatever happened to the doctrine of ministerial responsibility?

All these emerging scandals involving Labour only solidify my belief that government's shouldn't be allowed to hold more than one term in office. They all eventually turn in to corrupt incompetent bastards. (If they weren't already).

moodymonster  (op)
Mac Elite
Apr 26, 2006, 04:44 PM

true, true.

demibob
Mac Enthusiast
Apr 26, 2006, 05:09 PM

I was watching Charles Clarke getting grilled in the house of commons today. Cameron is lovin it.

Doofy
Clinically Insane
Apr 26, 2006, 05:17 PM

Originally Posted by demibob
Cameron is lovin it.
He must not be aware that everyone hates him too. I mean, does the guy look at his own polls? They're down by about the same as Labour last time I looked today.
Been inclined to wander... off the beaten track.
That's where there's thunder... and the wind shouts back.

Forum Links
Forum Rules