Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > Software - Troubleshooting and Discussion > GUI Customization > Resexcellence Resurrected (with the help of Unsanity)

Resexcellence Resurrected (with the help of Unsanity)
Spliff
Mac Elite
Nov 2, 2006, 03:43 PM

The New ResExcellence ~ The place for all things mac GUI.

Welcome!
Posted 5:18 pm, November 1st by Phillip Ryu 31

Resexcellence used to be a daily stop on the web for me. In fact, to a degree, it’s what’s gotten me into what I do now in the first place. Without its daily, quirky news updates, and its vast archive of GUI customizations, I definitely would not have been as interested in GUI customization as I became. (Interested enough to start MacThemes.net.)

Unfortunately, over the past few years, those visits became less and less frequent, and eventually came to a stop. It was only a few months ago, when I checked out Resexcellence again for the first time in months, that I realized how close to dying it was. The site was in damage control mode, thanks in part to lack of activity, a sore need for an overhaul, and gross mismanagement by its most recent owner. This got me boiling to the point of writing a scathing entry on my blog about what’s been going on.

The blog entry got a lot of feedback, especially from former Resex fans like myself. But I quickly realized a blog post on its own wasn’t going to fix things up by itself, and over the next few weeks, I worked with my friends at Unsanity to purchase the website. We are committed to giving this site the huge refresh and injection of talent that it deserves, and over the next few months, we’ll be keeping you posted on this blog as the new Resexcellence.com comes together. You can be assured that this site is in the right hands.

Stay tuned for a post from Brian Wilson of Unsanity detailing what’s planned for the new GUI customization archive backend, plus updates on the site redesign. And let us know what you’d like to see!

And of course, we highly encourage you guys to spread the word and let fellow Resex fans know this is happening!

©öñFü$íóÑ
Mac Enthusiast
Nov 2, 2006, 05:21 PM

I sure hope they revive the old Mac OS Classic ResEdit mods and Gui stuffs.....

Don't bully me, I got an Uzi... HOO-HAH!

brazil
Dedicated MacNNer
Nov 2, 2006, 07:46 PM

this is good news!
"I'm a Grey Chicken" - This is what my African Grey said . She did not learn it from me. www.screaminmoon.com

badidea
Professional Poster
Nov 3, 2006, 05:18 AM

Originally Posted by Phillip Ryu
Resexcellence used to be a daily stop on the web for me.(...)Without its daily, quirky news updates, and its vast archive of GUI customizations, I definitely would not have been as interested in GUI customization as I became.
Unfortunately, over the past few years, those visits became less and less frequent, and eventually came to a stop. It was only a few months ago, when I checked out Resexcellence again for the first time in months, that I realized how close to dying it was. The site was in damage control mode, thanks in part to lack of activity, a sore need for an overhaul, and gross mismanagement by its most recent owner.
That part could have been written by me!

Very good news indeed!!

drnkn_stylz
Senior User
Nov 3, 2006, 11:53 AM

This is good news! I used to check out ResEx everyday, then like most people, I stopped going once the site started falling apart. I cannot wait to see the newly revamped site! Good luck to all the people rebuilding, although I doubt you guys will need it!
..13" MacBook Pro | 2.53gHz | 4gb RAM | 320gb Seagate Momentus XT | OSX.6.6.. // iPhone 4 32gb

Kevin
Baninated
Nov 6, 2006, 12:11 AM

I loved that place as well. Glad to see it not going anywhere.

surfwax95
Fresh-Faced Recruit
Nov 14, 2006, 05:42 PM

I loved that place as well. Glad to see it not going anywhere.
I'm *glad* to see it going somewhere!
________
mac life

Kevin
Baninated
Nov 18, 2006, 10:05 AM

I just hope it doesn't turn into a Unsanity shill page.

Forum Links
Forum Rules