Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > Hardware - Troubleshooting and Discussion > Mac Notebooks > TiBook Power Adapter + 1.5Ghz AlBook: Is This Okay

TiBook Power Adapter + 1.5Ghz AlBook: Is This Okay
macndave
Forum Regular
Nov 16, 2004, 01:12 AM

A couple years ago when I purchased an 800Mhz DVI TiBook, I also purchased an additional power adapter. Over the weekend, I purchased a 1.5Ghz AlBook. I would like to continue using the TiBook power adapter, if it will not damage the AlBook or its Battery.

Is this combination okay or do I need to purchase a power adapter specifically for the AlBook?

I apologize if this has been asked already, but I didn't see this topic after doing a quick search of the forum.

Oh...I love the AlBook. I just need to get a 1Gig RAM chip and get accustomed to the ports being on the side and uncovered.

Thanks, Dave

1.5Ghz AlBook G4 + 20" Cinema Display
Cable Modem via Airport Express
iSight Enabled @ dmwilsonh

azdude
Dedicated MacNNer
Nov 16, 2004, 01:32 AM

Originally posted by macndave:
A couple years ago when I purchased an 800Mhz DVI TiBook, I also purchased an additional power adapter. Over the weekend, I purchased a 1.5Ghz AlBook. I would like to continue using the TiBook power adapter, if it will not damage the AlBook or its Battery.

Is this combination okay or do I need to purchase a power adapter specifically for the AlBook?

I apologize if this has been asked already, but I didn't see this topic after doing a quick search of the forum.

Oh...I love the AlBook. I just need to get a 1Gig RAM chip and get accustomed to the ports being on the side and uncovered.

Thanks, Dave
It shouldn't damage anything, but the included (65W) power adapter should charge faster and more reliably than the (45W) power adapter from the TiBook.
17" 2.33GHz C2D MacBook Pro / 320GB / 2GB

MrForgetable
Mac Elite
Nov 16, 2004, 02:20 AM

i think the 45W TiBook charger will be fine just to use the computer, but you cannot use the computer and charge it at the same time.
iamwhor3hay

Forum Links
Forum Rules