Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > Hardware - Troubleshooting and Discussion > Mac Notebooks > 12" Powerbook battery problem

12" Powerbook battery problem
entrox
Senior User
Oct 15, 2005, 11:54 AM

The battery of my rev. A PB seems to be acting up. First of all, the reported charge is wildly inaccurate (around 17 hours) and goes down pretty quickly (about 20 minutes per real-life minute). It also goes into emergency sleep mode after half an hour and charging seems to end prematurely.

I've tried resetting the power manager, re-calibrating the battery and re-installing Tiger, but to no avail. This all started only recently; it worked fine a week ago.

Any ideas?

Frumpy
Mac Enthusiast
Oct 20, 2005, 12:35 AM

I'm actually having the same type of problem. A few weeks ago everything was fine. Then, one day all of a sudden my battery starting dying incredibly fast, and by fast, I mean it would start at 100% charged, and drop 1-2% every 15 seconds. I watched it. It almost broke my heart. I've tried the re-callibration that Apple speaks of on their site with no avail. I've had mine for 17 months. I didn't think that I would need to buy a new battery this soon. Is a new battery my only option or is there something else I'm missing here?
Specs:12" PowerBook-1.33GHz, 768 PC2700, Airport Express, Panther (10.3.9), iSight, 15GB 3G iPod

Forum Links
Forum Rules