Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > Community > MacNN Lounge > Aapl

Aapl
Nodnarb
Mac Elite
Oct 23, 2007, 10:54 AM

Ok, so back when I was 14, I took literally all my money ($3,000 at the time) and bought 100 shares of AAPL for ~$3300 (had a little help from my dad to make it 100 even shares).

After compulsively checking the stock updates almost every hour of every day, I got so excited when the stock got to about $55.00, and so nervous about losing the $2,000 I'd made, that I sold the stock. And have regretted it ever since.

I know there's no sense in complaining just to complain, but after seeing the stock today, that makes it (as of 11 AM this morning) that makes it almost $32,000 in PURE PROFIT that I've missed out on (over $37,500 would be there total from my original $3,000). Numerous times over the past couple years, I've considered putting money back in it, but could not bring myself to pay $100 a share (really $200 after the split) for something I paid $30 (or $15, depending on how you look at it). Having a little under $40,000 as an 18 year old kid would definetely help out just a wee bit in my life... Can't believe I messed that up this bad.

My grandpas advice when I sold it was "never regret making a profit"...which to be fair, is true, I did make a clean $2000, but man...$35,000, gone!

Anyone else sell this to early? Anyone else lucky enough to still be in it and making all this money?
( Last edited by Nodnarb; Oct 23, 2007 at 01:33 PM. Reason: typo)

Lateralus
Moderator Emeritus
Oct 23, 2007, 11:02 AM

Edit: Nevermind, I forgot about the split. Durr.
( Last edited by Lateralus; Oct 23, 2007 at 11:23 AM. Reason: Edit: Nevermind, I forgot about the split. Durr.)
I like chicken
I like liver
Meow Mix, Meow Mix
Please de-liv-er

MacosNerd
Professional Poster
Oct 23, 2007, 11:03 AM

I don' t buy/sell stocks (other then my 401k). Too much like gambling, in so far that its so easy to lose your money.

Its great you made a profit, and you shouldn't regret it. If I had extra money, maybe I'd dabble in it, but all of my money is already allocated :/

Mithras
Professional Poster
Oct 23, 2007, 11:05 AM

Lateralus: Did you include splits?

Nodnarb  (op)
Mac Elite
Oct 23, 2007, 11:05 AM

Originally Posted by Lateralus View Post
I'm confused.

If you made $2000 on a $3000 investment after selling at $55, that means you paid around $33 per share. Meaning that today your $3,000 initial investment would be worth around $17,000-18000.

How do you get $37,500?
The stock split a couple of years ago. My 100 shares would really be 200 shares, so the total would be ~$37,000 as of now, and depending on what it does the rest of the day.

Nodnarb  (op)
Mac Elite
Oct 23, 2007, 11:08 AM

Originally Posted by MacosNerd View Post
I don' t buy/sell stocks (other then my 401k). Too much like gambling, in so far that its so easy to lose your money.

Its great you made a profit, and you shouldn't regret it. If I had extra money, maybe I'd dabble in it, but all of my money is already allocated :/
Well, then if you don't mind me asking, what do you do with your money? Right now mine is just sitting in a 7% interest CD for the next 7 months...no idea what to do with it after that. I'm not sure if stocks is where I want to go, but I'd like to start making some good return on the money I do have. And if I start when I'm this young, hopefully I'll have a substantial amount when I actually need it.

MacosNerd
Professional Poster
Oct 23, 2007, 11:15 AM

Originally Posted by Nodnarb View Post
Well, then if you don't mind me asking, what do you do with your money?
Lets see,
mortgage, car, food, clothes for the kids, my self and of course the wife, activities for the kids, utilities. Day care. Savings account for a rainy day and vacations, credit card debt, etc.

The difference between a savings account and the stock market is that you can lose your investment. I don't have enough discretionary income that I can afford to lose it and not affect my lifestyle. Besides, accumulating wealth is not my goal in working, its providing for my family.

Nodnarb  (op)
Mac Elite
Oct 23, 2007, 11:20 AM

Fair enough...I thought from your first post you meant you didn't invest in stocks (which I agree, is very similar to gambling), but had other investments elsewhere. I do, however, want to find something other than a savings account to keep my money in. The interest I get is a joke...
I remember seeing all these charts in high school budget-savings lessons that if you invest X amount of dollars when you are 18...blah blah, when you are 40 it will be Y. But if you invest twice that money (2X) it will still only be Y when you are 40 (due to compounding, etc.) That's why I'm trying to get started early and figure out what to do with my ~$5,000 that I've saved up from working for the past 4 years.

gperks
Dedicated MacNNer
Oct 23, 2007, 11:52 AM

Well done on a profitable first trade. Heck, you made money, that's good. It's hard and only natural to second guess yourself. If only I'd ... if you had kept the AAPL you'd now be wishing you had put everything you had into it, and more. You can't let yourself think like that, there's nothing you can do about it now.

I sold some in the $60s, got a little too jittery over the options question. You needed balls of steel to hold... and if you did you were rewarded. I bought back in the $70s. Argh. $10 gain missed out on, but then I had no risk during that period. It's all risk vs reward.

Head over to fool.com and start researching... they have a good AAPL board there. Plenty of people in the same boat as you.

I've bought and sold AAPL all the way up. Regrets? Sure. Happy? Yes.

Shame you didn't buy back in yesterday... I bought some at $171 a couple of weeks ago and now I look like a genius. One strategy to consider is to save now, and wait until February or March, when typically AAPL is at its lowest. Then buy back in. Number of shares doesn't matter, nor the share price. What matters is how many $ you invest, even if it's 7 shares that's OK. Hold for at least a year if you can, to get a long-terms gains tax rate. Hope that Apple continues to do well - AAPL will reflect how Apple does.

SVass
Mac Elite
Oct 23, 2007, 11:56 AM

I gambled a couple of per cent of my IRA/401k when I retired 12 years ago and Apple was one of the stocks that I bought. (The vast majority of my savings went into stable mutual funds.) Yes, I still own it and yes, I have made money. If you go to Vegas or Reno and can control yourself, you can gamble with a small, fixed stake and if you lose it, so what. Sometimes you win and in any event, you always have fun at low risk. (My two other stock purchases have not done so well.) sam

gperks
Dedicated MacNNer
Oct 23, 2007, 11:59 AM

> that's why I'm trying to get started early

Good plan; this will pay off big time. When you're 40 you will be very happy with yourself!

>and figure out what to do with my ~$5,000 that I've saved up

fool.com is a great place to start. Lots of articles, lots of people who can help.

Maybe try Hidden Gems for a free trial and put $1000 into 5 of their Best Buys when the next monthly newsletter comes out. Then with the (hopefully) gains, buy a yearly subscription and repeat... This works better in a tax-sheltered account like a IRA.

rozwado1
Mac Elite
Oct 23, 2007, 12:34 PM

Anyone else sell this to early? Anyone else lucky enough to still be in it and making all this money?
Never scoff at a 66% profit and never sit on the 'would haves' - they screw with your mind.

I ran AAPL up to 120 for a 30% profit and got out around the time of the credit crunch. My experience with AAPL is that there's too many n00bs in it and it trades very irrationally. I've stayed away since 120 and built up in GOOG and EMC in the tech sector. If I was going to play AAPL, I'd protect with puts, and I'm not in a position to do that right now.

G4ME
Addicted to MacNN
Oct 23, 2007, 01:24 PM

and here I bought in the day before OS X was released thinking the world was going to change the next day. Ohhh btw it 10.0 not 10.3 or 10.4, sadly i sold off a few shares back around 120, I don't plan on unloading the rest for quite a while.

BTW i am surprised we haven't seen another split, one has got to be around the corner.

I GOT WASTED WITH PHIL SHERRY!!!

Art Vandelay
Professional Poster
Oct 23, 2007, 01:27 PM

Nope, don't remember where I read it but they don't intend to split again. They are following Google's lead and are going to just let the stock rise.
Vandelay Industries

Lateralus
Moderator Emeritus
Oct 23, 2007, 01:34 PM

I honestly don't think the stock has much more explosive growth left.

The reason AAPL has exploded in the past few years is because it was an extremely undervalued stock, around 10bn not too long ago. But now AAPL's market cap is over 160bn, surpassing much larger companies such as Intel, Hewlett Packard and even IBM.

Whether or not anybody here wants to admit it, in comparison to the stocks I just mentioned... AAPL cannot justify a significant premium.

While I have no doubt that AAPL still has growth left in it, the stock's new value in relation to other titans in the industry is a pretty solid indicator that there isn't a whole lot of growth left before the stock either; A) Steadies out, or B) Suffers a very, very painful pullback.

That said, after selling out of most of my position last month, I'm playing mostly with the house's money. So I'll stay on the train for a while longer and see where it takes me.
I like chicken
I like liver
Meow Mix, Meow Mix
Please de-liv-er

Nodnarb  (op)
Mac Elite
Oct 23, 2007, 01:37 PM

Originally Posted by gperks View Post
>
fool.com is a great place to start. Lots of articles, lots of people who can help.

Maybe try Hidden Gems for a free trial and put $1000 into 5 of their Best Buys when the next monthly newsletter comes out. Then with the (hopefully) gains, buy a yearly subscription and repeat... This works better in a tax-sheltered account like a IRA.
Thanks, I'm definetley going to go take a look at those things...but as for right now I'm still stuck for the next ~6 months because my money is in a CD at the moment...but it definetly wont hurt to plan out what I'm doing with it when I get it back.

Originally Posted by rozwado1 View Post
Never scoff at a 66% profit and never sit on the 'would haves' - they screw with your mind.
Boy do they! For the past 3 years it's been nothing but "if only..." for me. I know it's a waste of time to think that way, but jesus, I could have almost $40,000 from my original $3,000! Thats nothing to just brush off! But you're correct, the 66% I made was still better than anything else I could have done with the money, and I definetly am happy I originally invested in it...just not so happy I took it out

GSixZero
Mac Elite
Oct 23, 2007, 01:55 PM

I bought in at 136... yes it was really high then, (I bought the day after it was at all time high of 140) but I felt Apple was still strong with growth to be had. I ended up buying on the way down, as the stock got as low a 110, I think, but I only had 20 shares so I didn't get too nervous. Starting to think about where the top may be, but am going to ride it out a little longer. 35% profit in 4 months is pretty solid. Fun!

ImpulseResponse

Mithras
Professional Poster
Oct 23, 2007, 02:01 PM

There's a pretty interesting post on GigaOM (Omar Malik On Broadband) about the relative fortunes of Apple, Microsoft, and Google today.

Over the near term, Apple has been kicking Google's ass:

But over the longer term, Microsoft has them both beat rather handily:

GSixZero
Mac Elite
Oct 23, 2007, 02:14 PM

Microsoft, and Cisco were the hot stocks in the 90's, Google, Apple, and Hansen's Soda are the stocks to own in the 2000's.

ImpulseResponse

iomatic
Mac Elite
Oct 23, 2007, 02:23 PM

That said, after selling out of most of my position last month, I'm playing mostly with the house's money. So I'll stay on the train for a while longer and see where it takes me.
So what do you think are some good buys right now?

macroy
Mac Elite
Oct 23, 2007, 03:25 PM

Bought apple a few years ago for like 60.... it split, and went back to 60. So I doubled my money in like 9 months I believe....

Got back in again earlier this year at 105 I believe... albeit in much smaller number of shares.

But everyone has stock stories. I had 40K options in my company in 1999.. sold almost all of it at $8... they went to $150 or something like that less than 180 days later (GLGC) . Today, I still have about 2400 shares... and their worth about that much in total.

Of course, I also have some Qualcomm that I got for like 150 a share, FDRY at over $40 a share.... not to mention I held on to PSI Net, @home, and Worldcomm till the very end....

gperks
Dedicated MacNNer
Oct 23, 2007, 06:06 PM

I honestly don't think the stock has much more explosive growth left.

... now AAPL's market cap is over 160bn, surpassing much larger companies such as Intel, Hewlett Packard and even IBM.

Whether or not anybody here wants to admit it, in comparison to the stocks I just mentioned... AAPL cannot justify a significant premium.
Oh, yes it can. Apple is growing far faster than those other companies, so it has a higher premium.

We are just at the very beginning of the iPhone ramp up. And the Mac tipping point. yesterday's earnings were off a quarter just before a major OS upgrade - when people should be holding off their purchases! And the iPhone money... they're only counting an eighth of it this quarter, since they're accounting for it over 24 months total.

My gosh. Saying that AAPL cannot grow because its market cap has reached value 'n' makes no sense. AAPL will respond to Apple, and I believe that there is plenty, plenty of growth left in Apple. They have barely made it out of land-of-the-beleaguered!

How big do you think Apple's market cap should be - maybe about the size of Dell is right? Perhaps Sony-sized? Bigger than IBM is too big? You see, this doesn't make sense. Market cap is the end result of growth and earnings, the the start that you work back from.

Nodnarb  (op)
Mac Elite
Oct 23, 2007, 07:20 PM

Originally Posted by gperks View Post
Oh, yes it can. Apple is growing far faster than those other companies, so it has a higher premium.

We are just at the very beginning of the iPhone ramp up. And the Mac tipping point. yesterday's earnings were off a quarter just before a major OS upgrade - when people should be holding off their purchases! And the iPhone money... they're only counting an eighth of it this quarter, since they're accounting for it over 24 months total.

My gosh. Saying that AAPL cannot grow because its market cap has reached value 'n' makes no sense. AAPL will respond to Apple, and I believe that there is plenty, plenty of growth left in Apple. They have barely made it out of land-of-the-beleaguered!

How big do you think Apple's market cap should be - maybe about the size of Dell is right? Perhaps Sony-sized? Bigger than IBM is too big? You see, this doesn't make sense. Market cap is the end result of growth and earnings, the the start that you work back from.
That is EXACTLY my thought on the subject, and the reason why I bought the stock in the first place. When I was 13 or 14, I got my first iPod, and then my first mac at 14. I knew nothing of the company beforehand, but after using their products and reading on all the rumor sites about random things, I decided to invest.

Apple has been playing their cards perfectly, and still has a lot left to go. The mac is just now getting wide appeal and that number will continue to skyrocket. iPod is doing phenomenal, as always, and there is no competition out there for that. iPhone is doing incredible, and it just hit the market, in a few years it'll be HUGE. Apple TV is a slow start, but at least it's there, and in ~5 years it will be the BEST solution to watching TV (probably rentals from iTunes or something of that sort).

I STILL think that looking back 5 years from now, it would have been a smart move to invest in AAPL even today because they have so much untapped potential. I just don't have enough balls to put my money where my mouth is and buy back in at $186/share.

vmarks
Moderator Emeritus
Oct 24, 2007, 12:22 AM

Sometimes you have to buy high.

I wish I had bought in 2001 when it was 13 or 14 dollars.

Still, no shame in making a profit.

The stock market has the highest potential for profit.

It isn't gambling. It's owning a part of a company. You decide if the company is worth owning. Does it do something well? Does it do something you and lots of other people use or need?

Supporting a business by owning it is a good thing. Businesses exist to make profit and increase the standard of living of their employees. That's why people band together to form companies. There's no shame in profiting off the success of a company you invest in.

SurfSkateJeep
Forum Regular
Oct 24, 2007, 02:03 AM

My friends grandpa was one of the first employees with Coca-Cola and got shares as an employee, he cashed in his shares about a year ago. I think he got nearly 2 million.
Sasquash Lives in my BackYard

----_____ 3rd generation MacBook Pro. Maybe its 2nd generation. 2.16Ghz intel Core Duo_____----

PaperNotes
Oct 24, 2007, 03:41 AM

Al Gore's theory of the future of our planet means your money is worth nothing anyway.

Good thing Gore is wrong on three counts.

PaperNotes
Oct 24, 2007, 03:43 AM

Originally Posted by vmarks View Post
The stock market has the highest potential for profit.
You make more money being an executive, a drug baron, an actor or a leader of a terrorist group.

PaperNotes
Oct 24, 2007, 03:46 AM

Originally Posted by GSixZero View Post
Microsoft, and Cisco were the hot stocks in the 90's, Google, Apple, and Hansen's Soda are the stocks to own in the 2000's.
You want to be looking at some telecoms companies in commie countries as soon as they go public.

Eriamjh
Addicted to MacNN
Oct 24, 2007, 07:45 AM

Stocks are the only gambling that you can see if you should have held or should have sold. Hindsight trading really makes you feel bad. Don't do it.

I bought AAPL at $18 and sold it at $24. After watching it slowly rise over the next few years, I jumped and bought it at $95 right after the iPhone annoucement in Jan07. I watched it drop to $85 in the next two months. Now, it's $180+ and I don't feel bad about not "waiting" to by at $85. My $95 purchase has almost doubled in 10 months.

Now I am waiting for the 12 months to pass before I consider selling. I've made a cool profit so far, but won't sell until 12 months because of taxes (stupid gov't). It's 8AM now and I'm expecting aapl to drop due to a huge sell-off from the profit takers due to the quarterly profit announcement and next quarter's projections (which were highly optimistic, according to anal-ists). I was surprised it went up $10 the day after the announcement!

I'm a bird. I am the 1% (of pets).

rozwado1
Mac Elite
Oct 24, 2007, 01:58 PM

Originally Posted by Eriamjh View Post
My $95 purchase has almost doubled in 10 months.

Now I am waiting for the 12 months to pass before I consider selling. I've made a cool profit so far, but won't sell until 12 months because of taxes (stupid gov't).
What's better?:
a. paying taxes on 100% profit
b. giving your unrealized profits back to the shorts, realizing you're an idiot, liquidating, then paying taxes on what's left

If AAPL makes one wrong move it's going to see AMZN-like selloffs, but there's so many amateurs in it that it may be worse once they panic. I would secure profits before the end of the year as most of the huge investors will be scaling out of tech - especially after the huge runs they've gotten.

Eyenovation
Mac Enthusiast
Oct 25, 2007, 03:54 AM

Apple is going to $200+, their 4th quarter looks to be impressive. If you're unsure buy some call options, or hedge with puts.

No doubt too, there's something big in the wings for MacWorld. And if rumors are true it will be a refined Apple TV which will hopefully create a more streamlined revenue team for iTunes, HD content, and (perhaps) TiVo like functionality. Mac is ONLY getting more popular and more and more people will consider Apple products for their next computer.

Yes, it will fluctuate - but this is a good long term hold for a tech play.

Dakarʒ
Professional Poster
Nov 12, 2007, 04:24 PM

AAPL looks like it's taking a beating today. Down 5% according to my dashboard widget.

Lateralus
Moderator Emeritus
Nov 12, 2007, 04:41 PM

Today? You mean today, Friday and Thursday?

It's down nearly $40 from Wednesday's high.

I called this, BTW.
I like chicken
I like liver
Meow Mix, Meow Mix
Please de-liv-er

Dakarʒ
Professional Poster
Nov 12, 2007, 04:43 PM

I just happened to notice, and felt compelled to comment. Surprised no one else did on Thursday on Friday.

Shaddim
Clinically Insane
Nov 12, 2007, 05:15 PM

When it hits 151 buy. I know a frightful amount of people that are posed to jump at 150.
"Those who expect to reap the blessings of freedom must, like men, undergo the fatigue of supporting it."
- Thomas Paine

Person Man
Professional Poster
Nov 12, 2007, 05:51 PM

Originally Posted by Dakarʒ View Post
AAPL looks like it's taking a beating today. Down 5% according to my dashboard widget.
Yup, as is the general stock market as a whole.

Dakarʒ
Professional Poster
Nov 12, 2007, 05:53 PM

It was still in the green when I posted.

Nodnarb  (op)
Mac Elite
Nov 12, 2007, 05:56 PM

Damn, $153 now. I think this might be a good time to buy, I bet it'll go back up to $19X-$200 soon enough.

Powerbook
Mac Elite
Nov 12, 2007, 06:08 PM

Today? You mean today, Friday and Thursday?

It's down nearly $40 from Wednesday's high.

I called this, BTW.
And your reasons were...? (Nope I didn't call it)

PB.
Aut Caesar aut nihil.

peeb
Addicted to MacNN
Nov 12, 2007, 06:21 PM

Originally Posted by Person Man View Post
Yup, as is the general stock market as a whole.
Yep - you've got to look at any individual stock in the context of the market. I don't think this drop has anything to do with apple per se, just general skittishness in the overall market.

G4ME
Addicted to MacNN
Nov 12, 2007, 11:05 PM

i blame the US peso for this, that and the terrorists.

I scoured the news for something that would indicate why its dropped 20% in three days, but nothing points to it, kinda wish i has some liquid assets right now, well i wish i had non-beer liquid assets right now.

I GOT WASTED WITH PHIL SHERRY!!!

Powerbook
Mac Elite
Feb 27, 2008, 10:50 PM

Back in the saddle with AAPL again...
I think it has reached its low for the time being. Who's with me? I'm in for a rise to about ~150 $.

Regards,
PB.
Aut Caesar aut nihil.

l008com
Addicted to MacNN
Feb 28, 2008, 01:03 AM

$18 pre-split. Sold some to buy an iBook a few years back but other than that, I've been holding steady. The fall from $200 sucks, but doesn't suck that bad because I'm still UP so, so much. I would be up even more too, I simply have no more money to invest right now. Otherwise I would.

Powerbook
Mac Elite
Feb 28, 2008, 09:05 AM

Originally Posted by l008com View Post
$18 pre-split. Sold some to buy an iBook a few years back but other than that, I've been holding steady. The fall from $200 sucks, but doesn't suck that bad because I'm still UP so, so much. I would be up even more too, I simply have no more money to invest right now. Otherwise I would.
Same with me! Having had AAPL für some six years, sold at 147 $ since I felt a peak and I liked to invest into some other companies. Now most of my money is in BALDA (supplies the iPhone screens and MB/MBP parts) but the stock has been in a major turmoil. Its coming around though. Still a little bit too late, by the time I'd rather have cashed out all BALDA and reinvested into AAPL and AAPL Call-Options (my options did +107% yesterday! ). Hmmm, maybe the time will still be right, a couple of days should not matter that much...

Regards
PB.
Aut Caesar aut nihil.

Powerbook
Mac Elite
Feb 28, 2008, 12:24 PM

Okay, update:

Put another 2500 $ in AAPL + another Call-Option on AAPL (ABN AMRO 160 2009/06).

Regards,
PB.
Aut Caesar aut nihil.

Powerbook
Mac Elite
Feb 28, 2008, 01:41 PM

News from the rumor mill, that is doing AAPL++:

iPhone "2" coming with UMTS support (Hurray for Europe!)
iPhone distribution contract for China is getting finalized.
Aut Caesar aut nihil.

mindwaves
Feb 28, 2008, 01:44 PM

Well, then if you don't mind me asking, what do you do with your money? Right now mine is just sitting in a 7% interest CD for the next 7 months...no idea what to do with it after that. I'm not sure if stocks is where I want to go, but I'd like to start making some good return on the money I do have. And if I start when I'm this young, hopefully I'll have a substantial amount when I actually need it.
May I ask where do you get 7% interest? I'm only getting 4.4%.

Nodnarb  (op)
Mac Elite
Feb 28, 2008, 01:54 PM

It was a special promotional offer... Chartway had the 7/7/7 deal ($7,000, 7 months, 7% interest). I'm not sure if it's still going on though, but it was a great deal when I saw it.

For an update on the stock, (I think I've said this in other threads), but I eventually bit the bullet and jumped back in at $135. Yeah, it's sucked watching it ride down to about $120 (although it's doing great today - almost back to $130), but I am in it for the long haul this time. I'm thinking in years this time rather than weeks/months, and I truly believe that in a few years, the stock will be huge.

Just for example, today in one of my classes I was looking around. 4/7 kids with computers had macbooks, the kid next to me was playing games on his ipod, about 10 kids had the white headphones hanging from their shirts (so they most likely had ipods), and I'm sitting there with a macbook and iPhone in my pocket. Five years ago, none of these people would have apple products. Now, look at all of those, PLUS the people who just have iPods and are looking around at everyone elses macbooks. I know soooo many people who have switched in the last year or are seriously planning to for their next computer purchase.

Eug
Clinically Insane
Feb 28, 2008, 02:20 PM

Just for example, today in one of my classes I was looking around. 4/7 kids with computers had macbooks, the kid next to me was playing games on his ipod, about 10 kids had the white headphones hanging from their shirts (so they most likely had ipods), and I'm sitting there with a macbook and iPhone in my pocket. Five years ago, none of these people would have apple products. Now, look at all of those, PLUS the people who just have iPods and are looking around at everyone elses macbooks. I know soooo many people who have switched in the last year or are seriously planning to for their next computer purchase.
Actually, this is why some analysts have been negative on AAPL. They see the Mac as a growth market, but are not as convinced for the iPod or iPhone.

I agree the market is starting to become saturated for the iPod so that while sales will continue, growth will suffer, but I don't agree about the iPhone. I personally think there is still lots of room for growth for the iPhone, especially since Apple doesn't have to limit itself to just one or two models.

P.S. Some are now claiming iPhone-appropriate 3G chipsets are coming next quarter.

Powerbook
Mac Elite
Feb 28, 2008, 03:10 PM

Originally Posted by Eug View Post

I agree the market is starting to become saturated for the iPod so that while sales will continue, growth will suffer, but I don't agree about the iPhone. I personally think there is still lots of room for growth for the iPhone, especially since Apple doesn't have to limit itself to just one or two models.
Eug, you are huge (errr... )
Can you think of an iPhone Mini (no browser capability but a Gadget display) ?

Regards
PB.
Aut Caesar aut nihil.

Forum Links
Forum Rules