Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > Enthusiast Zone > Classic Macs and Mac OS > OS 9 Probs

OS 9 Probs
ZooTV
Sep 30, 1999, 09:34 AM

Some problems i have encountered with Mac OS 9: When you boot up, sometimes, but sometimes not, it will tell you that all of your USB devices are using too much power, and even if i restart without even touching my USB devices, it wont give me the same message.

wlonh
Professional Poster
Sep 30, 1999, 11:30 AM

well it is a beta release, ya know... sorry i'm not more helpful but hey, beta is as beta does!

run your usual diagnostic/repair utils, rebuild the desktop, zap the PRAM, trash the Finder Pref's, etc etc etc and see what happens... `8-)

JessamyG3
Oct 1, 1999, 01:50 PM

A lot of problems will be fixed when Mac OS 9 debuts. An updated version of Stuffit Expander and StuffIt are included with the Mac OS 9 distribution. So fret not.

Pat James
Oct 1, 1999, 04:11 PM

There's going to be a new release of Stuffit Expnder with OS 9?! Where and when did this come out?

typoon
Addicted to MacNN
Oct 2, 1999, 03:16 PM

I have used Toast 3.8 on my Bronze Keyboard Powerbook and it works fine in mac OS 9. No problems using f4 of Mac OS 9. It looks like an Awesome OS release
"Evil is Powerless If the Good are Unafraid." -Ronald Reagan

Apple and Intel, the dawning of a NEW era.

Kosmo
Senior User
Oct 2, 1999, 07:01 PM

With the latest OS9f9, I've had no trouble at all with Stuffit 5, and Suitcase seems to work ok. ATM of course doesn't not work.

All in all, I have no complaints at all. I love the voice login option and Sherlock is great. f9 seems faster than f6 as well. Oh, and I've burnt several CD's with Toast 4 and f9 with no problem what-so-ever.

John Manzione
[email protected] www.xtremecamera.com

[This message has been edited by Kosmo (edited 10-02-1999).]

http://www.macnet2.com

FireWire
Mac Elite
Oct 3, 1999, 02:06 AM

I found that Macsbug doesn't work under OS 9f6: the name is changed to Macsbug Obsolete and if I hit Command-Power, I get a programmer's windows instead of Macsbug...

skortze
Oct 3, 1999, 02:50 PM

The most recent version of MacsBug (6.5.4a7) does work. It is NOT included in the main download file.

FireWire
Mac Elite
Oct 7, 1999, 01:21 AM

Could you send it to me? it is really annoying...

scott
Oct 7, 1999, 03:57 AM

When you boot up, sometimes, but sometimes not, it will tell you that all of your USB devices are using too much power
How many USB devices are you using, exactly? Power consumption is not a constant with some peripherals.

- Scott

Forum Links
Forum Rules