Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > Enthusiast Zone > Classic Macs and Mac OS > ARA and Open Transport for OS 8.6 urgent!!!

ARA and Open Transport for OS 8.6 urgent!!!
pmg4lktan
Forum Regular
Mar 6, 2003, 11:30 PM

Hi there ...

need latest version of ARA and OpenTransport urgently ... anyone know where to donwload? my friend need to have internet access and OS 9 Helper won't get my G4's OS 9.2.1 CD to install on his PowerMac 6200 ... so he was forced to use OS 8.6 (which upgraed from an incomplete 8.5 installation from the only incomplete OS 8.5 installer i have) ...

my G4's CD have version 2.7.7 (but not seperate installer) ... will 2.7.9 run on OS 8.6? where can i download it? also ... will ARA Client 4.0.2 on my G4's CD run on OS 8.6 with Open Transport 2.0 or later (which the installer require)?

Thanks in advance!

Best regards from,
pmg4lktan
Best regards from,
pmg4lktan

deaconMPG
Fresh-Faced Recruit
Mar 7, 2003, 11:20 AM

I would first try installing 8.6 updates instead of pulling separate part of 9.x and putting it into 8.6

so I was thinking you could start here to poke around for updates ftp://ftp.apple.com/Apple_Support_Ar...tware_Updates/

just use this link in your web browser and click on the language you want.
you could also start here:
ftp://ftp.apple.com/
then work your way in.

But this is a totally free apple update ftp server
and if you you like you can use a ftp client and just put in ftp.apple.com no user name or password.

pmg4lktan  (op)
Forum Regular
Mar 7, 2003, 12:21 PM

Originally posted by deaconMPG:
I would first try installing 8.6 updates instead of pulling separate part of 9.x and putting it into 8.6

so I was thinking you could start here to poke around for updates ftp://ftp.apple.com/Apple_Support_Ar...tware_Updates/

just use this link in your web browser and click on the language you want.
you could also start here:
ftp://ftp.apple.com/
then work your way in.

But this is a totally free apple update ftp server
and if you you like you can use a ftp client and just put in ftp.apple.com no user name or password.
thanks for the tip ...

i'll try ... but anyone know which is the last version will work on OS 8.6 for both ARA and OT...

you need to know which version to dowload ...

Thanks in advance!

Best regards from,
pmg4lktan
Best regards from,
pmg4lktan

Forum Links
Forum Rules