Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > Enthusiast Zone > Gaming > Splinter Cell Help

Splinter Cell Help
Liquidity X
Mac Elite
May 14, 2003, 10:53 PM

Ok love the game BUT one thing is REALLY pissing me off. I just seem to set off random alarms, even when there are no cameras int he hallway, or guys around. what am I doing wrong? mainlky running into this on the CIA level, is it just I movie to fast? or are there liek trip lasers or something I'mnot seeing. And they go off some times and sometimes not even though its the same area. and its the ps2 version BTW thanx!

Woehrle46
May 14, 2003, 11:45 PM

Go back and find all of the guards you've taken out, and hide them well in the shadows.If there are any guards not completely hidden, alarms will go off without explanation. I had this same problem and was extremely frustrated.
My cat's breath smells like cat food.

Liquidity X  (op)
Mac Elite
May 14, 2003, 11:51 PM

oh really even if i tak eout every guy, they can still be found by invisable people?

iamnid
Senior User
May 15, 2003, 12:11 AM

Originally posted by Liquidity X:
oh really even if i tak eout every guy, they can still be found by invisable people?
yep, presumably more people come around and find the bodies.

I don't know how it is on the xbox-- I presume that's what you are using as the ps2 and gc versions don't have the CIA entrance level, but on the GC (what I played it on) it says, "Alarm, body found." It at least tells you why an alarm was set off.

Liquidity X  (op)
Mac Elite
May 15, 2003, 12:23 AM

No bud I am on a Ps2, and u go to the cia, go in a elevator to the lower level and start there. But i'll try it with hidding boddies more. I wish more guys would spawn if they are gonan do it like that instead of just having invisable NPCs show up. And I must say its great on PS2, but its alreayd lost my intrest witht he announcment of Metal Gear 3

iamnid
Senior User
May 15, 2003, 10:38 PM

Originally posted by Liquidity X:
No bud I am on a Ps2, and u go to the cia, go in a elevator to the lower level and start there. But i'll try it with hidding boddies more. I wish more guys would spawn if they are gonan do it like that instead of just having invisable NPCs show up. And I must say its great on PS2, but its alreayd lost my intrest witht he announcment of Metal Gear 3

I have to admit it was a pretty kick ass game. It took me about 3 weeks of sporadically playing it in the evenings to finish and i enjoyed every minute. I'm going to play it through again now though on hard and use the gameboy link up features. By the way... how's the PS2 only powerplant level?

Forum Links
Forum Rules