Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > Enthusiast Zone > Art & Graphic Design > I'm gonna loose it! Disney AM Radio out of my mac G4!

I'm gonna loose it! Disney AM Radio out of my mac G4!
dockpipe
Oct 13, 2006, 05:06 PM

sorry folks, i realize this isn't a digital situation but... i wasn't sure where to put this so here goes....

i have a mac quicksilver G4.
i'm simply trying to play itunes out of the headphone/mini jack with a mini to stereo cable
that's going to a dj mixer which is outputting to two powere monitors.

through this mess i'm clearly picking up disney am radio which plays nothing but horrendous "kiddie"music (cotton eyed joe crazy frog remix, cha cha slide, etc...). i guess my question is, how can i get rid of outside frequencies?

thanks thanks thanks.

steveedge
Fresh-Faced Recruit
Oct 14, 2006, 10:46 PM

i would try shielded cable if you aren't already using it....A guitar cord if you have one lying around, just a thought.
Steve Edge
Web Hosting and Design
Cafe Edge

analogika
Posting Junkie
Oct 15, 2006, 04:31 AM

You've got defective hardware somewhere.

Most likely in one of the connectors. Often times, if a connection is not made securely, or if a solder joint is bad, the two sections that should-be-but-aren't-quite connected will form a capacitor of sorts, which will then happily pick up radio frequencies.

Try a different cable first, but then get your hardware checked.

Forum Links
Forum Rules