Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > News > Tech News > Photos show off display, logo, other parts for 4.7-inch iPhone 6

Photos show off display, logo, other parts for 4.7-inch iPhone 6
NewsPoster
MacNN Staff
Aug 11, 2014, 10:49 AM

A series of photos have emerged showing what are claimed to be parts for the iPhone 6. Perhaps the most significant show assembled displays, including cover glass, mounting points, and flex cables. The parts indicate slimmed-down side bezels, something presumably needed to fit a 4.7-inch screen while still making the phone comfortable to hold.

Other photos, obtained by Nowhereelse.fr, show numerous smaller parts such as flex cables camera rings. One of note is a metal Apple logo for the rear shell, indicating that the logo will be separate, rather than engraved. Also present is a rounded multi-color flash, suggesting that Apple isn't abandoning the iPhone 5s' True Tone technology.

Apple is expected to reveal new iPhones on September 9th. That may also include a reported 5.5-inch model, but it could be delayed due to production obstacles.

( Last edited by NewsPoster; Aug 11, 2014 at 12:23 PM. )

aSevie
Fresh-Faced Recruit
Aug 11, 2014, 09:41 PM

I'm all for a bigger iPhone but jeesh, I really hope it looks a little more newish than that.

Spheric Harlot
Clinically Insane
Aug 12, 2014, 06:32 AM

It will be an iPhone.

aSevie
Fresh-Faced Recruit
Aug 12, 2014, 10:18 AM

I see your point Spheric, I didn't think about that!

Forum Links
Forum Rules