Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > Hardware - Troubleshooting and Discussion > Mac Desktops > replacing iMac battery

replacing iMac battery
joeswell
Dec 17, 2000, 11:32 PM

How hard is it to replace the back up battery on an Rev B iMac? Where could I find instructions or a guide? I've added RAM to my iMac, but now that it's two years old, I wonder when the battery will go?
It's not getting what you want, it's wanting what you've got.

Ruddigger
Senior User
Dec 18, 2000, 01:24 AM

Batteries usually last for a while. I have two 6100/60's wit the original batteries in them, and they're still pluggin' away.

I wouldn't worry about it for at least another 2 years.

------------------
-Ruddigger
------------------
Have you had your
gigaflop today?
Proud owner of the Original Macintruck

Ericmw
Dec 18, 2000, 02:52 AM

Actually Ruddiger doing one of the updates from Apple itself can kill your battery. It did it to mine and *alot* of people's computers. I don't remember excactly what it was though. I'm thinking the ROM update or firmware update. Mine has been dead ever since I've done it.

joeswell you can find just about anything if you are willing to look. I believe though you have to get down inside your iMac to get to it. It is no where near as easy as adding RAM or an Airport Card. I'm not sure but it could void the warrenty. (Just had to say that) if you have any idea how to use a screw driver and know to touch something metal before reaching into your comp (to ge rid of any static electricity you may have) you shouldn't have a problem.

eric

Forum Links
Forum Rules