Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > Hardware - Troubleshooting and Discussion > iPhone, iPad & iPod > 3G iPod in semi-comma ???

3G iPod in semi-comma ???
jorgem4
Mac Enthusiast
Mar 28, 2005, 01:55 PM

I have my sister my old 3G iPod after I got my 4G with my PB. The iPod I hve her worked great until one day she told me the iPod was not updating the songs for iTunes and was not showing on the desktop as a Hard drive, but however it was charging. I took the old iPod and tried it on my PB and the same thing happend...no iPod on iTunes of the desktop, but is charges the battery. Took it to the apple store, the 'Genious' said that it is a hardware problem and it would cost $249 bucks to repair. The iPod still works fine...but one can't just update the songs on it. Any ideas on what to do?

Thanks.

PurpleGiant
Mac Elite
Mar 28, 2005, 05:03 PM

What's a semi-comma?? Is that like a semi-colon?

;

JHromadka
Mac Elite
Mar 29, 2005, 12:17 PM

Originally posted by jorgem4:
I have my sister my old 3G iPod after I got my 4G with my PB. The iPod I hve her worked great until one day she told me the iPod was not updating the songs for iTunes and was not showing on the desktop as a Hard drive, but however it was charging. I took the old iPod and tried it on my PB and the same thing happend...no iPod on iTunes of the desktop, but is charges the battery. Took it to the apple store, the 'Genious' said that it is a hardware problem and it would cost $249 bucks to repair. The iPod still works fine...but one can't just update the songs on it. Any ideas on what to do?
Have you tried resetting the iPod (hold Play+Menu for 10 sec)? That fixed some problems for me after the recent 10.3 security update.

It's coma and genius btw.

ShotgunEd
Mac Elite
Mar 30, 2005, 07:50 AM

A couple of days ago a similar thing happenned to me. I plugged my iPod into my dad's G4 MirroDoor and it started charging but wouldn't mount. I tried my dad's iPod Mini and it wouldn't mount either.

I rebooted the G4 and both mounted fine.

Just in case you didn't try to reboot the Powerbook (I'm sure the genius did though).

Forum Links
Forum Rules