Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > Hardware - Troubleshooting and Discussion > Mac Desktops > where can i get a blueberry imac cover?

where can i get a blueberry imac cover?
IM2nyce
Oct 4, 1999, 12:13 PM

i've been shopping around for a cover/case for my imac, and thing turns up blank (except for the stylus 740i printer cover)... did apple ever release the different covers for the imac?

kihoalu
Oct 12, 1999, 03:02 AM

you can get a opaque plastic cover for imac for 14.99 frm cutters must (cuttersmust.com) ..covers the display and the keyboard, nothing fancy but fits snug and keeps the dust out, i like it.

IM2nyce
Oct 12, 1999, 04:40 PM

thanQ!!! but i still need to kno about the different color cases... is that just a rumor? or do these colorful covers really exist?

Fishball
Oct 16, 1999, 12:22 AM

I found a site which can custom make iMac covers:
http://www.co-du-co.com/appleprice.html

Hope this helps!

IM2nyce
Oct 17, 1999, 12:03 AM

thanx for the help, but i'm giving up... i think it was just another case of mis-info!!! 8)

CRE
Fresh-Faced Recruit
Oct 17, 1999, 03:23 AM

Actually, it WAS a rumor.... But, now with the new iMac I have seen some places selling the empty display shells (ONE of my local CompUSAs and another small local Mac dealer). I do not recommend trying to swap the cases yourself! There are some VERY dangerous components which are exposed for the touching when the case is removed. You may however be able to get an Authorized Apple Service center to swap the for a small fee.

IM2nyce
Oct 17, 1999, 04:22 PM

THANK YOU SOOOOO MUCH!!!!!! I wasn't sure anyone cared, or knew. Now I can finally get rid of this non-matching lime... 8)

tennisguy
Oct 19, 1999, 01:26 PM

Any Apple authorized service center can get all the blueberry replacement parts. However, you would need more than just the case; everything that is now lime would have to be replaced. You would be looking at about $100 for just the blueberry the parts or closer to $200 including the blueberry keyboard and mouse. Then there would be labor on top of that.

Forum Links
Forum Rules