Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > Enthusiast Zone > Gaming > Diablo 2 :LOD bot help?

Diablo 2 :LOD bot help?
XxTHENEWDCxX
Fresh-Faced Recruit
Jul 7, 2005, 12:59 PM

I have ben playing D2 LOD for about a year real heavily and i love the game but i am geting so tired of doing baal runs after baal runs. So if any one can help on seting up a bot or have any tips; please help.
Xx THENEWDC xX

Tenacious Dyl
Mac Enthusiast
Jul 7, 2005, 11:21 PM

Sad news for ya. Basically, there is no "pindle bot" "baal bot" "meph bot" .. whatever for mac. It just doesn't exist. You COULD install VPC, Windows XP, and Diablo, install the newest patch, and a pindlebot, only to find.. that VPC doesn't run Diablo because the graphics are too intense! Shameful. Sorry... this happened to me.

Basically, if you want cheaty-game playing, like using bots to play diablo for you, go for a cheaty PC to do it with. It won't really happen on a mac. I tried back in the days of Diablo myself.
yep.

kpne1home
Dedicated MacNNer
Jul 10, 2005, 11:26 AM

I could care less about a bot but I would really like to see a map hack. It would be so useful to know which way to go.

phillryu
Mac Elite
Jul 10, 2005, 12:14 PM

I remember there used to be a limited maphack that showed enemies on the map for mac... it was an OS 9 extension. That was really sweet, but then the author discontinued it.

MacThemes.net Editor in Chief

letthereberock@
Jul 10, 2005, 03:31 PM

Maybe someone should create it. It's not that hard, is it?

kpne1home
Dedicated MacNNer
Jul 10, 2005, 07:30 PM

Originally Posted by letthereberock@
Maybe someone should create it. It's not that hard, is it?
I think everyone wants to play World of Warcraft now. Not so many people care about Diablo 2 anymore.

Turias
Mac Elite
Jul 10, 2005, 07:36 PM

And considering it is against the TOS to use a maphack/bot...

The maphackers, botters, pickit users, etc. were what ruined Diablo 2 for me.

XxTHENEWDCxX  (op)
Fresh-Faced Recruit
Jul 11, 2005, 12:12 AM

I have absolutly no intentions on ruining the play for any one playing d2 LOD that is not my intentions. I was simply looking for the popular MH when I got intrigued on the fact that there is no hac for mac that brought me to this site to simply ask questions. My apalogeys. Thanks for the replies
Xx THENEWDC xX

letthereberock@
Jul 11, 2005, 02:13 AM

I don't think that any player begins to cry when I'd use maphacl

cruciarius
Mac Enthusiast
Jul 11, 2005, 02:07 PM

if you play enough, you really don't need a maphack. i know lots of the areas are random, but even still, you'll know what is where, after several games. i know i did.

people using maphacks, bots and that crap, ruined the game for me. why the heck would someone want to look at what i'm wearing, using cheats, when they can just ask? because of those kids, i now stick to single player games on b.net.

as for VPC, last i knew, you couldn't go online thru it. so even if you were able to play diablo 2 on it, you can't play on b.net.

phillryu
Mac Elite
Jul 12, 2005, 01:19 AM

Uh, maybe you didn't go on playing after those few games. Mobs and thiings like stairs are randomly generated, and considering the widespread use of MH, we Mac users were always at a disadvantage.

I agree about the bots and dupes and such, but MH was relatively benign, and simply allowed for slightly less painful grinding/farming without as many deaths. Even when I was using the Mac plugin that only showed mobs in orange icons and nothing else it was useful.

letthereberock@
Jul 16, 2005, 01:53 PM

Hmm ... I think it wouldn't be that bad to use maphack.
It would be really cool if someone who knows a bit about converting small Windows Apps to Mac could download maphack (http://www.mousepad-d2.com/). he could have a look and tell us if it's possible or not.

letthereberock@
Jul 16, 2005, 04:32 PM

I wrote an E-Mail to Mousepad (they created one of those many maphacks) and he wrote back:
Sorry Robin, Mousepad does not have the resouces to create a Maphack for the
MAC computer.
Maybe we should ask someone else, but i don't know who :/

phillryu
Mac Elite
Jul 16, 2005, 11:10 PM

Just curious, but would Map Hack be the type of thing that could be done via APE? (Which attaches itself to programs on launch?) Maybe I should ask Jason Harris (ShapeShifter) if this kind of thing is plausible.

Regardless though, I'm sure it would take a -lot- of testing to create from scratch, PLUS there's the whole side of maintaining the app. And of course, it would have to be for free for a comptuter game that's over five years old. Not something that we could easily get a programmer interested in.

Though honestly, if someone made this, I'd be willing to pay $5-10 for it I think. Anyone wanna chime in?

letthereberock@
Jul 17, 2005, 06:49 AM

Nah, i can't pay.
But we got the idea, so we dont have to pay
No, just joking ... I won't pay. That's for sure.
It would be cool if someone did it, and I'm sure the one would get popular and loved.

letthereberock@
Jul 30, 2005, 06:36 AM

On Monday there will be the new patch, that's the chance to code a bot ... is no one here who is able to do that?

TiloProbst
Jul 31, 2005, 07:32 AM

it is stuff like Bots, Maphack that ruined the BattleNet!!

why should it be a disadvantage to us Mac users, to master the game without any cheats? I'd rather say that those who need cheats to play skillfully are .. well .. are .. whatever.
( Last edited by TiloProbst; Sep 17, 2006 at 08:53 AM. )

Forum Links
Forum Rules