Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > Community > MacNN Lounge > I'm going to be very candid here: Hurricane threads

I'm going to be very candid here: Hurricane threads
ThinkInsane
Moderator Emeritus
Sep 2, 2005, 08:15 PM

I'm not even going to get into what ******** it is to exploit this HUMAN TRAGEDY to support your political agenda. Some people are reprehensible, and there is nothing to be done about that.

But what is going to stop is starting a new thread every time you hear something on the news. What is going to stop is posting your blatantly political mudslinging, from either side of the fence, disguised as hurricane related topics. There are more than enough threads about the hurricane, it's aftermath, the political consequences of it, the potential causes of it, the failings that led to the flooding, who's sending aid, who isn't, and so on, that all new threads, unless presenting a truly unique view point, will be locked. This is getting ridiculous.

Oh, and those of you that insist on posting your politically motivated hurricane threads in the lounge, instead of in pol/war, I'm going to make sure you lose your lounge privileges at the least. If it is political, it goes in politics. It's that simple.

And lastly, I will ask, for those of you that just don't seem to get it, to keep in mind that people are suffering, people are dying, and in light of that, I think the finger pointing can wait until people are safe and secure. It's not going to kill anyone to have a heart, show a little compassion, and consider that there are people here among us in this forum that are missing family members (myself included), and show a bit of respect and civility in light of that.

-TI
( Last edited by ThinkInsane; Sep 2, 2005 at 11:37 PM. )
Nemo me impune lacesset

Forum Links
Forum Rules