Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > Enthusiast Zone > Classic Macs and Mac OS > Visor sync or sink?

Visor sync or sink?
MayDay
Jan 29, 2000, 06:13 PM

I have a ;
Beige G3 333 MT 192 mb ram
OS9
OrangeMicro firewire/USB card
Visor Delux and USB cradle

The problem;
I cannot sync with my G3.
I have installed the Visor software and tryed their tech support line (on hold for 1/2 hour)
This is the only USB device I have so I am not sure if the problem is in the Visor software or the OrangeMicro firewire/USB card.
BTW the firewire end of the card works fine.
I have tryed the Palm work around and it did not work.

Any ideas?

Thanks
Dan

RockLord
Jan 30, 2000, 04:00 PM

Well, I have read where Apple recommend to iMac owners that they update their USB drivers from the original ones about 8 months ago. It seems many were having problems using any USB devices but the mouse and keyboard. Apple's USB Firmware updates available on their web sites fixed the problems. I don't know if this applies to the card you described, but i hope it provides a lead.
BTW, I have been thinking about getting a Visor Deluxe my self, so let us know how it goes.

[This message has been edited by RockLord (edited 01-30-2000).]

dhdalpra
Jan 30, 2000, 04:14 PM

MayDay,
Does the Orange Micro card install its own drivers? If so, try installing the USB Adapter Card Support 1.3.5 software. It should be available from Apple 's software web site or from Versiontracker.com I've been using it successfully with a Keyspan USB card on my beige G3/300 with OS 9.

I'm considering the Orange Micro card to be able to take advantage of FireWire. What are your experiences? Are you using a FireWire drive?

Macxpert
Feb 3, 2000, 12:07 PM

Another possible problem is overclocking.
You may or may not have this problem, but if you have the software "Afterburner" on your Visor it may be set to something besides "Normal" - Hotsync can only occur when the Visor is not over or underclocked.

I would also like to know your experience with the OrangeMicro Firewire/USB card.
How much did you pay for the card?

MayDay
Feb 3, 2000, 02:22 PM

Originally posted by Macxpert:
Another possible problem is overclocking.
You may or may not have this problem, but if you have the software "Afterburner" on your Visor it may be set to something besides "Normal" - Hotsync can only occur when the Visor is not over or underclocked.

I would also like to know your experience with the OrangeMicro Firewire/USB card.
How much did you pay for the card?
I ordered it through Orange Micro so it was $159.00
I think its a great idea USB/Firewire, I wish I could get my Visor to sync though. Having never synced it the answer to your question would be no I have not overclocked it.
Like I said the Firewire end works great.
I should be getting a USB webcam soon to check out the USB part soon.

Forum Links
Forum Rules