Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > Software - Troubleshooting and Discussion > macOS > (Hopefully) New & Unique Screenies/Movies of 7B80

(Hopefully) New & Unique Screenies/Movies of 7B80
billybob
Mac Enthusiast
Oct 5, 2003, 04:14 PM

I haven't been keeping as close attention to panther development as I did with jag, but having finally gotten my hands on a copy of 7B80 I figured I'd do what I did last time: Post some screenshots and movies of things that people normally dont take screenshots and movies of (hopefully anyways).

I haven't looked at many screenshots in forums but I've seen all the ones on apple's website as well as the rumor sites. These are just the little things that I notice. Hope someone enjoys them.

http://www.hellojoseph.com/joe/mac/panther/
everything you know is wrong (and stupid)

TheIceMan
Mac Elite
Oct 5, 2003, 05:49 PM

billybob: Thanks for the screenshots of Panther.

clebin
Grizzled Veteran
Oct 5, 2003, 06:23 PM

Some nice information in there, thanks. I have the same misgivings about the Network Browsing and grid spacing in the OS X Finder. I've always had misgivings about the toolbar button.

Since I don't use column view all the time, I'll always have the toolbar, but it seems to me that the difference between the spacial Finder and the browser-style Finder is too big to have some kind of toggle for it on each Window.

Put it into Finder preferences and then make sure the spacial Finder never ever ever opens more than one window representing the same thing.

My ideal method of navigation would be a spacial Finder with parent windows closing behind you, just like holding down Option in the MacOS. I always wished the Finder had an option to hold down that Option key for me.

Detailed Finder preferences would allow people to really tailor their navigation methods.

billybob  (op)
Mac Enthusiast
Oct 5, 2003, 08:34 PM

I meant to mention that if you already have a build of panther installed, this wont be anything new... but for the people who don't, they may see a few new things.

Something most people probably havent seen, I'm guessing anyways, is the new image capture animation when downloading pictures. It's like the cube effect of switching users, pretty neat: Here it is
everything you know is wrong (and stupid)

Lord Sith
Dedicated MacNNer
Oct 5, 2003, 08:40 PM

Very unique screenshots.......

Thanks for showing.

Forum Links
Forum Rules