Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > Software - Troubleshooting and Discussion > Alternative Operating Systems > Installed Bootcamp/Vista now can't boot OSX anymore!?!??!

Installed Bootcamp/Vista now can't boot OSX anymore!?!??!
328iGuy
May 27, 2007, 10:49 AM

I installed Bootcamp / Vista and now the option key does nothing, I automatically get booted into Windows Vista and can't get back to my OSX partition and in Vista's Disk Management it says my 47GB partition for OSX is 100% free disk space, whats going on????

mac128k-1984
Mac Elite
May 27, 2007, 03:49 PM

Have you installed the drivers that you burned when you first installed bootcamp?

Dumb question, you not only installed bootcamp in OSX but ran the bootcamp assistant found in applications->utilities? by doing so you would have created the cd that contains all of the device drivers. additionally this would have partitioned the hard drive.

The reason why I said this, is the computer is acting like you don't have an osx partition.

If you installed the the device drivers then you can select the start up disk by going into the control panel double clicking the start up disk icon and choosing osx.
Michael

328iGuy  (op)
May 28, 2007, 08:21 AM

Originally Posted by mac128k-1984 View Post
Have you installed the drivers that you burned when you first installed bootcamp?

Dumb question, you not only installed bootcamp in OSX but ran the bootcamp assistant found in applications->utilities? by doing so you would have created the cd that contains all of the device drivers. additionally this would have partitioned the hard drive.

The reason why I said this, is the computer is acting like you don't have an osx partition.

If you installed the the device drivers then you can select the start up disk by going into the control panel double clicking the start up disk icon and choosing osx.
I got it all sorted out. Had to re-save the MBR again, something was confused I guess, very strange. Thanks!

ghporter
Administrator
May 28, 2007, 09:19 AM

That's "not supposed to happen" but the whole MBR paradigm is like a three-inch wide shelf with a four-inch wide vase on it...not the most stable or secure thing in the world.

Glad you got it fixed-did you use the Repair Console, or something else?

Glenn -----OTR/L, MOT, Tx

Forum Links
Forum Rules