Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > Software - Troubleshooting and Discussion > Applications > QuickTime Panoramas From Photoshop CS3

QuickTime Panoramas From Photoshop CS3
Mediaman_12
Professional Poster
Aug 27, 2007, 01:52 PM

Photoshop CS3 does a fantastic job of automatically stitching together the individual photos From my digital camera to make up the panoramic image (using the Photomerge tool). Is there any method/plugin/other app to take this image and make it in to a QTVR Panoramic image?

MacBurg
Fresh-Faced Recruit
Aug 27, 2007, 03:24 PM

I use Realviz Stitcher Unlimited for panoramics, it offers a lot more customization when stitching and has many output options including QTVR. It does cost a few dollars however but worth it if you are shooting panoramics a lot and want to create 360 QTVR's and other panoramic formats.

Moonray
Mac Elite
Aug 27, 2007, 08:34 PM

If you
  • want a free software
  • are not afraid of using a “classic” application
  • have an Apple developer account
you can download the Legacy Macintosh QuickTime Tools containing a collection of over 20 QuickTime tools (in a 2.9 MB zip file), one being “QTVR Make Panorama 2” that does just what you want. If I remember correctly you can feed it .pict and .tiff files and you have to turn them 90 degrees first so that the left side of your panorama is at the bottom.

-

Mediaman_12  (op)
Professional Poster
Aug 28, 2007, 07:27 AM

Moonray.
Wish Apple would update those (ancient) tools.
As I have a Intel iMac I have no langer any access to OS9 via Classic.

Moonray
Mac Elite
Aug 28, 2007, 05:02 PM

Since they still offer the legacy tools and did not abandon them there’s a small hope they will come up with new versions some day. I hope.

-

Forum Links
Forum Rules