Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > Community > MacNN Lounge > Lamenting Lost Love

Lamenting Lost Love
Superchicken
Addicted to MacNN
Nov 14, 2003, 01:13 AM

OK boys, nail me with your tails of love lost so that I don't feel so bad about mine... doubt it'll work but missery loves company.

Macfreak7
Mac Elite
Nov 14, 2003, 01:16 AM

Time is the greatest healer, and teacher.

Unfortunately it kills all it's students.

Superchicken  (op)
Addicted to MacNN
Nov 14, 2003, 01:23 AM

Well that's comforting. By the way I fear I may have missed out on the most wonderful girl who has ever graced the earth with her feet... sigh...

Landos Mustache
Professional Poster
Location: Partying down with the Ewoks, after I nuked the Death Star!
Nov 14, 2003, 01:24 AM

Originally posted by Superchic[k]en:
OK boys, nail me with your tails of love lost so that I don't feel so bad about mine... doubt it'll work but missery loves company.
So who was he? Or are you still upset about what happened to Jesus?

"Hello, what have we here?

Axo1ot1
Professional Poster
Nov 14, 2003, 01:26 AM

"God is dead" � Nietzsche

I'm real sorry, Superchic[k]en. I shed a tear for you when I heard.

Superchicken  (op)
Addicted to MacNN
Nov 14, 2003, 01:31 AM

Originally posted by Landos Mustache:
So who was he?
hehe, SHE, was the only girl who I've been able to talk to about stuff that matters to me that I didnt' have to explain. Well I had to explain about macs but she didn't mind listening. Sigh...

ThinkInsane
Moderator Emeritus
Nov 14, 2003, 01:32 AM

How soon they forget...' You guys can consider this your one and only warning on the religious baiting issue. Anymore, you will be banned from the lounge for an unspecified amount of time. GROW UP.
Nemo me impune lacesset

Developer
Addicted to MacNN
Nov 14, 2003, 01:40 AM

Originally posted by Axo1ot1:
"God is dead" � Nietzsche
"Nietzsche is dead. " - God
Nasrudin sat on a river bank when someone shouted to him from the opposite side: "Hey! how do I get across?" "You are across!" Nasrudin shouted back.

Axo1ot1
Professional Poster
Nov 14, 2003, 01:46 AM

Originally posted by Developer:
You see, I don't think of God as a carnal entity with a tongue to stick out. So whatever. I don't believe in Nietzsche anyways.

Macfreak7
Mac Elite
Nov 14, 2003, 02:06 AM

Originally posted by Developer:
"which god?" - Time

Krusty
Professional Poster
Nov 14, 2003, 02:09 AM

hehe, SHE, was the only girl who I've been able to talk to about stuff that matters to me that I didnt' have to explain. Well I had to explain about macs but she didn't mind listening. Sigh...
Well, the next obvious question: Why did it end ??

BTW, my tale(s) of woe all have a wonderfully common theme -- so I don't think you'd care to hear them.

Superchicken  (op)
Addicted to MacNN
Nov 14, 2003, 02:18 AM

Uncertainty... long story very hard to explain...

CollinG3G4
Grizzled Veteran
Nov 14, 2003, 02:24 AM

Sounds like you scared her off.

Chicks and computera don't mix well.

Krusty
Professional Poster
Nov 14, 2003, 02:26 AM

Uncertainty... long story very hard to explain...
ahhh ... well, if you've let her get away, then I guess that's a certainty.

Superchicken  (op)
Addicted to MacNN
Nov 14, 2003, 02:32 AM

No it's... complicated... it feels like a Dell server farm running win 2k has been thrown through my heart...

Mac Elite
Nov 14, 2003, 02:37 AM

Hmm.. you want something depressing?

Well, I'll share my current notions about girls in general.

From my short and bitter experiences, I think guys have a different idea about what love is that girls do. They are the romantic ones.. whereas the girls, well? I don't think so.

It's almost like they filp-flop between one obsession and another. They are interested in a guy for a while, then, all of a sudden they find a new interest, or loose interest. Well.. at least the girls I have known.

So, I am bitter. I was once a huge romantic, with all these big beliefs and notions about love, now, I don't care. The fire's dead.

How's that for depressing.. I am sure the rest of you can do better than this though.

Krusty
Professional Poster
Nov 14, 2003, 02:46 AM

No it's... complicated... it feels like a Dell server farm running win 2k has been thrown through my heart...
I consider myself fairly geeky .. but man .. I have no idea what you mean by that

Originally posted by 11011001:

From my short and bitter experiences, I think guys have a different idea about what love is that girls do. They are the romantic ones.. whereas the girls, well? I don't think so.

It's almost like they filp-flop between one obsession and another. They are interested in a guy for a while, then, all of a sudden they find a new interest, or loose interest. Well.. at least the girls I have known.

So, I am bitter. I was once a huge romantic, with all these big beliefs and notions about love, now, I don't care. The fire's dead.

How's that for depressing.. I am sure the rest of you can do better than this though.
All women aren't that way .. and many guys are . Either way you slice it ... there is often one "stable" person and one "flighty" person. The stable one is attracted to the spice that the flighty one brings .. and the flighty one likes the having one safe place where the ground feels a little solid.

Cipher13
Nov 14, 2003, 04:25 AM

Well that's comforting. By the way I fear I may have missed out on the most wonderful girl who has ever graced the earth with her feet... sigh...
Mary would be insulted.

...wouldn't she?

voodoo
Posting Junkie
Nov 14, 2003, 06:46 AM

Funny. I wrote my a long post where I poured my heart out and just before I managed to post it ****ING INTERNET EXPLORER ON THIS ****ING BASTARD COCKSUCKING SHITHOLE OF A WINDOWS PC BITCH CRASHED!

**** **** **** YOU MICROSHIT!

(sorry superchicken, short short version of my post: you'll learn from this heartache. they all have their lessons)

The PC ate my post. It was quite a good post. It went all *bleep* *bleep*...
I could take Sean Connery in a fight... I could definitely take him.

lil'babykitten
Professional Poster
Nov 14, 2003, 06:51 AM

Originally posted by voodoo:
Funny. I wrote my a long post where I poured my heart out and just before I managed to post it ****ING INTERNET EXPLORER ON THIS ****ING BASTARD COCKSUCKING SHITHOLE OF A WINDOWS PC BITCH CRASHED!

**** **** **** YOU MICROSHIT!

(sorry superchicken, short short version of my post: you'll learn from this heartache. they all have their lessons)

The PC ate my post. It was quite a good post. It went all *bleep* *bleep*...
I know it's not a laughing matter, but that post was damn hilarious!

chris v
Addicted to MacNN
Nov 14, 2003, 08:41 AM

"Nietzsche is God." -the Dead

Here, maybe these will make you feel btter:

CV

When a true genius appears in the world you may know him by this sign, that the dunces are all in confederacy against him. -- Jonathan Swift.

gadster
Mac Elite
Nov 14, 2003, 08:42 AM

Sorry to hear about your loss. I know I've been there in the past, and it's unpleasant, challenging and trying. Hang in there superchook, I'm rooting ya!
e-gads

Algernnon
Forum Regular
Nov 14, 2003, 09:20 AM

Love lost is the worse loss. I'm going through a divorce myself and while it is mostly a good thing, it's still difficult. Mostly I think, why did I ever think I could be married to her. But sometimes I really miss parts of what we had. It's best to learn what you can from your mistakes and just move on - Of course, it's taken me over a year to figure that out. And the thought of getting out into the dating scene after being married for five years, scares the crap out of me. I'm sorry about your loss Superchic[k]en.
( Last edited by Algernnon; Nov 15, 2003 at 07:43 AM. )

I'm with stupid
---->

BoomStick
Grizzled Veteran
Nov 14, 2003, 09:49 AM

The one I lost years ago called me out of the blue.

We both are miserable in our marriages.

We hadn't seen each other of years until my brother got married 2 years ago. I only spoke briefly to her as to merely say hi. My wife went ballistic on me.

Anyway, by me basicly ignoring her and she got a good look at my trophy wife, it stirred her interest. Big time.

Well I'm miserable being married to a bi-polar spoiled brat for the last 7 years.

She calls me out of the blue at my night job and we talk for a long time. I told her I wasn't angry with her as all we had in common was our birthdays and sex.

She asked me to fly up and come see her. I told her to meet me at the restaurant at PDK and I'd be there in around 2 hours.

It was good to see her again, but I remembered why we broke up, she was flighty. However I did to agree to meet her there every once in a while.

gadster
Mac Elite
Nov 14, 2003, 10:59 AM

Originally posted by BoomStick:
The one I lost years ago called me out of the blue.

We both are miserable in our marriages.

We hadn't seen each other of years until my brother got married 2 years ago. I only spoke briefly to her as to merely say hi. My wife went ballistic on me.

Anyway, by me basicly ignoring her and she got a good look at my trophy wife, it stirred her interest. Big time.

Well I'm miserable being married to a bi-polar spoiled brat for the last 7 years.

She calls me out of the blue at my night job and we talk for a long time. I told her I wasn't angry with her as all we had in common was our birthdays and sex.

She asked me to fly up and come see her. I told her to meet me at the restaurant at PDK and I'd be there in around 2 hours.

It was good to see her again, but I remembered why we broke up, she was flighty. However I did to agree to meet her there every once in a while.
Welcome to the forum!
e-gads

davesimondotcom
Addicted to MacNN
Nov 14, 2003, 11:07 AM

OK boys, nail me
'Nuff said.

[ sig removed - image host changed it to a big ad picture ]

Landos Mustache
Professional Poster
Location: Partying down with the Ewoks, after I nuked the Death Star!
Nov 14, 2003, 11:13 AM

OK boys, nail me
Ok that is quote of the year!!!

"Hello, what have we here?

:XI:
Mac Elite
Nov 14, 2003, 12:23 PM

Originally posted by CollinG3G4:
Chicks and computera don't mix well.
Sure they do. I swore once that I wouldn't see a female geek. But now, I do. I so want to.
Hell, she might even be reading this!

Kilbey
Baninated
Nov 14, 2003, 01:24 PM

Originally posted by ThinkInsane:
How soon they forget...' You guys can consider this your one and only warning on the religious baiting issue. Anymore, you will be banned from the lounge for an unspecified amount of time. GROW UP.
Originally posted by Cipher 13:
Mary would be insulted.

...wouldn't she?
This should be interesting.

Xeo
Moderator Emeritus
Nov 14, 2003, 03:18 PM

Originally posted by gadster:
Welcome to the forum!
I don't buy that it's a new member. It's definitely someone who registered a new account. It has to be. Would you use your regular account to admit you have a mistress?

benb
Nov 14, 2003, 03:20 PM

Originally posted by Kilbey:
This should be interesting.
Only if nothing comes of it.

Xeo
Moderator Emeritus
Nov 14, 2003, 03:23 PM

Don't ask for ours if you can't tell your own. Seriously, if you talk about it and tell us the story, it will help you feel better. We all "know" you anyway so it's not really like talking to strangers.

Did you meet her while at school? If so, you've only known her a few months. Think about that. If you've only known her a few months, there's no way you can know she's the "most wonderful girl" and most likely what you felt for her was lust more than love. Just wait another few months and you'll be pining over the next loss.

OptimusG4
Mac Elite
Nov 14, 2003, 03:43 PM

Originally posted by 11011001:

I can't say the same for my breakup, but I can say I agree about guys and girls with different ideas on love.

Mine left me because she claims there was nothing between us anymore, when in return I was falling deeper in love with her. What happened I have no idea, but I do know that if I ever find love again like that, I'm not putting my heart and soul into a relationship like I once did.
"Another classic science-fiction show cancelled before its time" ~ Bender

15.2" PowerBook 1.25GHz, 80GB HD, 768MB RAM, SuperDrive

Kilbey
Baninated
Nov 14, 2003, 04:02 PM

Originally posted by benb:
Only if nothing comes of it.
Exactly what I was thinking.

What do you think the odds of anything happening are?

BACK ON TOPIC:
How's this for kind of weird. My wife and I bought the house of a girl I almost married. I had nothing to do with the choosing of this house, I told the wife the history I had with the woman, but she loved the house. I love the garage. So we bought.

Superchicken  (op)
Addicted to MacNN
Nov 14, 2003, 04:10 PM

Originally posted by Landos Mustache:
Ok that is quote of the year!!!
Man... I let my guard down for one post

The Godfather
Addicted to MacNN
Nov 14, 2003, 04:22 PM

All least you kept your virginity.

Good job fighting the temptation!

^a sarcastic message for someone who should ease up on the Catholic strictness

BoomStick
Grizzled Veteran
Nov 14, 2003, 04:31 PM

Originally posted by Xeo:
I don't buy that it's a new member. It's definitely someone who registered a new account. It has to be. Would you use your regular account to admit you have a mistress?
No I lost my login cookie.

I'm Mars.

Superchicken  (op)
Addicted to MacNN
Nov 14, 2003, 05:24 PM

Originally posted by Kilbey:

How's this for kind of weird. My wife and I bought the house of a girl I almost married. I had nothing to do with the choosing of this house, I told the wife the history I had with the woman, but she loved the house. I love the garage. So we bought.
Weird hope you enjoy that garage

chris.p
Dedicated MacNNer
Nov 14, 2003, 08:06 PM

You'll get over it- and feel better for it. Get on with your life- she might see what see is missing. Don't pine, or whine, she wont give you a second look.

This is from personal experience- but I learned the hard way

You fare differently of couse, this is just how it was for me : /

Kilbey
Baninated
Nov 14, 2003, 08:13 PM

Weird hope you enjoy that garage
The garage is excellent. 2 1/2 wide and almost 2 deep. I have a full wood work shop in it and I can still park my Jimmy and my Van in there at the same time.

it's a nice garage.

anti-sleep
Dedicated MacNNer
Nov 14, 2003, 08:29 PM

Superchicken  (op)
Addicted to MacNN
Nov 14, 2003, 09:15 PM

Things are a bit clearer in my head right now... but dang... sigh... I dono if I'll ever be totally over her... to be honest I doubt I'll ever meet another girl that amazes me as much as she does...

Ghoser777
Professional Poster
Nov 14, 2003, 09:32 PM

You have to do other stuff that keeps you busy. Very busy. My hardest times was over the summer after my girlfriend and I broke up - I had nothing to do but think about the past and lost future. Now, I'm busy with work, running, programming, etc. Get busy! I know my best medicine will still be to find someone to at least date, but I'm not pushing it yet.

Good luck,
Matt Fahrenbacher

Superchicken  (op)
Addicted to MacNN
Nov 15, 2003, 12:06 AM

Originally posted by Ghoser777:
You have to do other stuff that keeps you busy. Very busy. My hardest times was over the summer after my girlfriend and I broke up - I had nothing to do but think about the past and lost future. Now, I'm busy with work, running, programming, etc. Get busy! I know my best medicine will still be to find someone to at least date, but I'm not pushing it yet.

Good luck,
Matt Fahrenbacher
Ironically your reply was her favourite number

dcmacdaddy
Addicted to MacNN
Nov 15, 2003, 12:22 AM

Originally posted by Algernnon:
Love lost is the worse loss. I'm going through a divorce myself and while it is mostly a good thing, it's still difficult. Mostly I think, why did I ever think I could be married to her. But sometimes I really miss parts of what we had. It's best to learn what you can from your mistakes and just move on - Of course, it's taken me over a year to figure that out. And the thought of getting out into the dating scene after being married for five years, scare the crap out of me. I'm sorry about your loss Superchic[k]en.
Hang in there, buddy. I went through exactly the same thing 18 months ago. I am still amicable with my ex. We tried the "being friendly" thing and the remembrances of the good times, and there were many, just seemed to increase the hostility between us. I figure we will eventually lose all contact; We only talk or e-mail once every 3-4 months now cause we have some of the same friends.

The most important lesson I learned from my marriage is that loving someone is NOT enough to make a marriage work. I loved my ex the day we walked out of the courthouse after the divorce but I couldn't bear the thought of being married to her a moment longer. It take a whole lot more than love to make a mariage work. Sounds strange, I know, but if I ever get married again--and I hope I do--I have to figure out what it is about that woman that makes me want to spend the rest of my life with her. And I don't know what that "it" is but I do know it wasn't there with my ex.

PS--Superchi[k]en, you WILL love again. No doubt about it. I have carried this quote around in my wallet for going on 15 years now and it sums up my feeling about love and life very well. Take it for what it's worth.

"The essence of being human is that one does not seek perfection . . .
that one is prepared in the end to be defeated and broken up by life,
which is the inevitable price of fixing one's love upon other human individuals."
--George Orwell writing about Ghandi
( Last edited by dcmacdaddy; Nov 15, 2003 at 12:30 AM. )
One should never stop striving for clarity of thought and precision of expression.
I would prefer my humanity sullied with the tarnish of science rather than the gloss of religion.

Jim Paradise
Mac Elite
Nov 15, 2003, 12:41 AM

Things are a bit clearer in my head right now... but dang... sigh... I dono if I'll ever be totally over her... to be honest I doubt I'll ever meet another girl that amazes me as much as she does...
Bullshit. You will. There are a lot of really wonderful people out there. You think the best you can do is in your late teenage years? *pffft* No worries, man.

Superchicken  (op)
Addicted to MacNN
Nov 15, 2003, 12:49 AM

I have yet to meet another girl under 30 who came near to her accurate understanding of theology.

Superchicken  (op)
Addicted to MacNN
Nov 15, 2003, 01:21 AM

Well guys I'm throwing on my sexy clothes... and throwing some more gel in my hair and going out for coffie with a friend... we both got dumped on the same day.. so we'll be like celibrating... but nothing near as happy... I dono... yeah...

SomeToast
Senior User
Nov 15, 2003, 02:00 AM

.. so we'll be like celibrating...
Had that been an intentional play on the word "celibate," it would have been a most excellent pun!

Mastrap
Addicted to MacNN
Nov 15, 2003, 04:08 AM

OK boys, nail me
You've got to be careful what you say. Star Wars Guy might take that as an invitation....

Forum Links
Forum Rules