Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > Enthusiast Zone > Gaming > Unreal Tournament GOTY Edition MAC?

Unreal Tournament GOTY Edition MAC?
ChasingApple
Senior User
Mar 9, 2004, 07:05 PM

I have the game of the year PC edition sitting here and im wondering if there is any way to install it to my Mac? If not I understand but it would be nice if some of my older PC games could work over here on the iMac
iMac G4 / Macbook

Caesar2099
Mac Enthusiast
Mar 10, 2004, 10:12 AM

Fraid not, you'll have to buy another UT mac edition.

However, some of the retail PC mods can be installed on the mac with a special program

ChasingApple  (op)
Senior User
Mar 11, 2004, 03:03 AM

Oh well, bummer. Thankyou for the reply though, I plan to get UT2003 soon and then 2004 when it comes down in price anyway. I will have to be happy with the Demos for now
iMac G4 / Macbook

nagromme
Senior User
Mar 18, 2004, 01:41 AM

Mac GOTYE is cheap by now and lots of fun! Runs fine in Classic on my AlBook 1.25, although a native X update is on the way.

I haven't gotten dialup multiplay to work with Classic for some reason, but LAN is fine.

And I have downloaded tons of maps and mods--they work fine, and the Mac UT comes with a UMod installer.
nagromme

Chinasaur
Senior User
Mar 19, 2004, 12:51 PM

When/If an X version of UT is released...will I be able to use my Win GOTY game disk or will I need to buy the Mac game disk?

TIA.
iMac - Late 2015 iMac, 32GB RAM
MacBook - 2010 MacBook, 1TB SSD, 16GB RAM

chris.p
Dedicated MacNNer
Mar 19, 2004, 06:57 PM

there is already a patch to make it run it osx- it (AFAIK) was developed by someone who worked on the classic versions spare time, but its not bad- try searching macgamefiles.com- its called something like 'Unreal Tournament patch 436'

Forum Links
Forum Rules