Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > Hardware - Troubleshooting and Discussion > Mac Notebooks > Macbook: Problem waking up from sleep

Macbook: Problem waking up from sleep
suparboysean
Fresh-Faced Recruit
Jul 14, 2006, 02:22 AM

My macbook was fine the first week I had it.. but now, the screen will go to sleep and I'll be gone for a few hours and come back and the computer is not responsive to the keyboard or the mouse. This also happens when the computer itsself goes to sleep. Any ideas?

thanks
sean

WinsOBoogi
Senior User
Jul 14, 2006, 02:05 PM

You have the same problem my first MacBook has.

First, try zapping the PRAM to see if that works. If it doesn't, there's something wrong with the logic board -- you're having kernel panics while it's asleep or shut down.

- Brad

suparboysean  (op)
Fresh-Faced Recruit
Jul 14, 2006, 05:13 PM

Originally Posted by WinsOBoogi
You have the same problem my first MacBook has.

First, try zapping the PRAM to see if that works. If it doesn't, there's something wrong with the logic board -- you're having kernel panics while it's asleep or shut down.

- Brad
did you get a replacement? I didn't purchase AppleCare but mine is only a week old..and I also bought it online from the apple store, so I don't know what affect that would have on getting a replacement..

sean

WinsOBoogi
Senior User
Jul 14, 2006, 05:16 PM

My replacement is being shipped soon, since it was custom ordered. Just take it back to the Apple store, and they'll swap it out.

Forum Links
Forum Rules