Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > Community > MacNN Lounge > Political/War Lounge > Barack Hussein Obama: Once a Muslim, Always A Muslim?

Barack Hussein Obama: Once a Muslim, Always A Muslim?
Atomic Rooster
Dec 21, 2006, 10:13 PM

Well it looks like Obama is gonna go down in flames as a presidential candidate.

Many months ago, readers began asking me whether Barack Obama is Muslim. Since he identifies as a Christian, I said, "no," and responded that he was not raised by his Kenyan father.

But, then, I decided to look further into Obama's background. His full name--as by now you have probably heard--is Barack Hussein Obama, Jr. Hussein is a Muslim name, which comes from the name of Ali's son--Hussein Ibn Ali. And Obama is named after his late Kenyan father, the late Barack Hussein Obama, Sr., apparently a Muslim.
http://www.debbieschlussel.com/archi...k_hussein.html

This may be a good thing and get aired out now. According to Muslims, once a Muslim always a Muslim.

Barack Obama was originally named “Baraka.” It is not an African name. It's an Arabic word meaning “blessed” and comes directly from the Koran.

BTW, Obama lied about his father's religious denomination during the DNC Convention in 2004. He said his father was a non-practicing Christian. Let's see how the LIBERAL media uncovers this lie, as well. Don't hold your breath..
I'm surprised no one on the right has got a hold of this yet.

Anyways I guess the excrement is hitting the fan as right wing pundits are now referring to him as Barack Hussein Obama.

Nice knowing ya Barack.

Another link, different slant.
http://mediamatters.org/items/200612200005

Spliffdaddy
Posting Junkie
Dec 21, 2006, 10:18 PM

Hell, forget about his name and his religion. Check out his $1.65million home in Chicago - and the shady dealings he had with a rather dubious neighbor.

Dork.
Professional Poster
Dec 21, 2006, 10:34 PM

He can't be President because he's a Muslim?

Atomic Rooster  (op)
Dec 21, 2006, 10:37 PM

Originally Posted by Dork. View Post
Well it would be a miracle.

nonhuman
Posting Junkie
Dec 21, 2006, 10:39 PM

If only he were a lesbian. Then we could have a black muslim lesbian president.

BRussell
Addicted to MacNN
Dec 21, 2006, 11:43 PM

Originally Posted by Atomic Rooster View Post
Anyways I guess the excrement is hitting the fan as right wing pundits are now referring to him as Barack Hussein Obama.

Nice knowing ya Barack.
Do you think right-wing pundits would refrain from attacking a prominent Democrat in any way possible? And do you think that when they do attack, it's all over for him? Please. They'll say anything as they always do.

I bet having some Muslim roots will make him even more attractive. It's a way of sticking it to the radical Muslims: "We can even elect one of yours, because we're America." The right-wingers wouldn't vote for a Democrat anyway.

black bear theory
Grizzled Veteran
Dec 22, 2006, 12:13 AM

Originally Posted by Atomic Rooster View Post

Nice knowing ya Barack.
http://mediamatters.org/items/200612200005
my name is jewish, yet i'm not a jew. it's pretty simple actually. i think you (and the right wing pundits) need to get over it.
Earth First! we'll mine the other planets later.

Spliffdaddy
Posting Junkie
Dec 22, 2006, 12:18 AM

So it's "attacking" somebody to call them by their full name?

Get a grip.

besson3c
Clinically Insane
Dec 22, 2006, 12:28 AM

I hear that Barack likes to eat babies while he performs abortions for gay couples.

It would be pretty cool if the best candidate was a minority or a female this time around. We've worked through our share of ugly white men in suits

nonhuman
Posting Junkie
Dec 22, 2006, 12:30 AM

Originally Posted by besson3c View Post
I hear that Barack likes to eat babies while he performs abortions to gay couples
No no no, we're supposed to be saying he's a Muslim. Jews are the ones that eat babies.

Snow-i
Professional Poster
Dec 22, 2006, 12:43 AM

Originally Posted by black bear theory View Post
my name is jewish, yet i'm not a jew. it's pretty simple actually. i think you (and the right wing pundits) need to get over it.
what exactly am i getting over?

the op even says no one on "the right" has attacked him yet for this.

so what am i getting over?

Snow-i
Professional Poster
Dec 22, 2006, 12:45 AM

if anything, they're using his middle name so people equate him with Saddam. Its a much closer tie than to the jihadist muslim movement.

Its a dirty political trick. However, the democrats are by no means any better when it comes to these things then republicans are. (I'd cite examples but at the risk of derailment I'll refrain")

If you don't believe it, then you're the one that has something to "get over."
( Last edited by Snow-i; Dec 23, 2006 at 03:26 AM. Reason: Spelling)

besson3c
Clinically Insane
Dec 22, 2006, 12:56 AM

Originally Posted by Snow-i View Post
if anything, they're using his middle name so people equate him with Saddam. Its a much closer tie than to the jihadist muslim movement.

Its a dirty political trick. However, the democrats are by no means any better when it comes to these things then republicans are. (I'd site examples but at the risk of derailment I'll refrain")

If you don't believe it, then you're the one that has something to "get over."

"cite", not "site".

I agree with you though, any politician will resort to any possible leg up they think they can get away with.

TheWOAT
Grizzled Veteran
Dec 22, 2006, 02:14 AM

I dug up some of Barack(a)'s past, and apparantly he fought in some war or some sort.

hyteckit
Addicted to MacNN
Dec 22, 2006, 02:50 AM

I thought Christians eat babies? The first born as the sacrificial lamb.
Bush Tax Cuts == Job Killer
June 2001: 132,047,000 employed
June 2003: 129,839,000 employed
2.21 million jobs were LOST after 2 years of Bush Tax Cuts.

tie
Professional Poster
Dec 22, 2006, 03:27 AM

I heard on CNN that Barack Hussein Obama has close ties to the Iranian president Ahmadinejad. Quite literally! They wear the same ties! And the same jackets! If this isn't proof of his Islamofascist sympathies, I don't know what is. We don't want the smoking gun to be a mushroom cloud (as Condi said). Stop this Democrat/terrorist immediately!
The 4 o'clock train will be a bus.
It will depart at 20 minutes to 5.

itai195
Addicted to MacNN
Dec 22, 2006, 04:02 AM

Eh, President Bush shares his first name with a certain infamous King of England. Throw the bum out!

hyteckit
Addicted to MacNN
Dec 22, 2006, 04:04 AM

Originally Posted by tie View Post
I heard on CNN that Barack Hussein Obama has close ties to the Iranian president Ahmadinejad. Quite literally! They wear the same ties! And the same jackets! If this isn't proof of his Islamofascist sympathies, I don't know what is. We don't want the smoking gun to be a mushroom cloud (as Condi said). Stop this Democrat/terrorist immediately!
And this is coming with a guy whose handle is 'tie'.
Bush Tax Cuts == Job Killer
June 2001: 132,047,000 employed
June 2003: 129,839,000 employed
2.21 million jobs were LOST after 2 years of Bush Tax Cuts.

marden
Baninated
Dec 22, 2006, 07:17 AM

Originally Posted by Dork. View Post
Here's a coincidence.

Islam's 20-year plan for U.S.

[...]

8. Encourage Muslims to penetrate the White House, specifically with Islamists who can articulate a marvelous and peaceful picture of Islam. Acquire government positions and get membership in local school boards. Train Muslims as medical doctors to dominate the medical field, research and pharmaceutical companies. (Ever notice how numerous Muslim doctors in America are, when their countries need them more desperately than America?) Take over the computer industry. Establish Middle Eastern restaurants throughout the U.S. to connect planners of Islamization in a discreet way.
Truth In Crisis - Focusing On Islam

Millennium
Clinically Insane
Dec 22, 2006, 07:24 AM

If he converted to Christianity, then most Muslims would consider him an apostate, wouldn't they? The terrorists would be more likely to kill him than kiss him.
( Last edited by Millennium; Dec 22, 2006 at 07:57 AM. )
You are in Soviet Russia. It is dark. Grue is likely to be eaten by YOU!

Dork.
Professional Poster
Dec 22, 2006, 09:18 AM

The last time we elected a President with a funny religion he ended up getting shot in the head in Dallas....

houstonmacbro
Mac Enthusiast
Dec 22, 2006, 09:22 AM

i know a lot of jews who are so by birth only --meaning, they don't practice. does that make them hiding something because their MOTHER is jewish?

and for the record i do not think obama is ready to run the country. i blogged about it already (see blog link below).

houstonmacbro
Mac Enthusiast
Dec 22, 2006, 09:24 AM

Originally Posted by TheWOAT View Post
I dug up some of Barack(a)'s past, and apparantly he fought in some war or some sort.

huh?

Dakar²
Addicted to MacNN
Dec 22, 2006, 09:33 AM

I know I'm a pessimist, but I've got think this hurts him a good deal with the uninformed crowd.

houstonmacbro
Mac Enthusiast
Dec 22, 2006, 09:35 AM

there are people that would never have voted for barack (he's not white, he's not republican, he's black ... get the picture).

for those that are leaning towards him, dunno.

i am black, and against him running. i think he is too new to the political scene and honestly, i'd like to see what he does as a senator first.

love or hate hillary, at least now she has her own political record to stand on and not her husband's.

make sense?

Dakar²
Addicted to MacNN
Dec 22, 2006, 09:42 AM

I think is political experience is a very valid concern.

Then I look at Hilary and disregard it.

houstonmacbro
Mac Enthusiast
Dec 22, 2006, 09:44 AM

yeah, like 'what' exactly has hillary done for ny?

Mac Elite
Dec 22, 2006, 09:59 AM

I'm not a Christian even though my parents are. You can call me a Christian if you'd like..but I'm not. What's your point?

Dork.
Professional Poster
Dec 22, 2006, 10:14 AM

Originally Posted by houstonmacbro View Post
i know a lot of jews who are so by birth only --meaning, they don't practice. does that make them hiding something because their MOTHER is jewish?
Ask Macaca what he thinks of this issue. Did it hurt him in his election? Possibly, but his own stupidity hurt him more....

nonhuman
Posting Junkie
Dec 22, 2006, 10:14 AM

Originally Posted by houstonmacbro View Post
yeah, like 'what' exactly has hillary done for ny?
Well she's trying her darndest to protect impressionable youth from violent video games. That's gotta count for something. Right?

red rocket
Mac Elite
Dec 22, 2006, 10:39 AM

I would have thought he'd have bad cards just because of his surname.

Doesn't it make you think, Obama bin Laden?

nonhuman
Posting Junkie
Dec 22, 2006, 11:17 AM

Originally Posted by red rocket View Post

Apparently it's much worse that his middle name sounds like a secular dictator than that his last name sounds like a muslim terrorist...

marden
Baninated
Dec 22, 2006, 11:58 AM

Dick Morris was on the O'Reilly Factor last night and he was announcing for the first time that Hillary Clinton had investigators go after dirt in the lives of the women who were making accusations against Bill in the first presidential campaign and when the Private Investigators turned up info it was used to make these women just go away quietly.

Morris says that what she would probably do is to have Obama investigated and also anyone else who politically opposed her run for the Oval Office and when she needed to dissuade them or beat them she would use the info (dirt) as needed. Morris also said she is starting to position herself as a "mother" and this could work really well for her in a Presidential race.

But back to Barack, if it turns out that Hillary was behind this Muslim info of Obama's coming out it might be the result of her wanting to cool his aspirations and make him amenable to the VP slot on HER ticket.

IMO

nonhuman
Posting Junkie
Dec 22, 2006, 12:49 PM

I just really hope that Hillary doesn't get the nomination. Why can the Democrats never field one of the candidates that I like (and there's always at least one)? It's like they want me to vote Republican...

jckalen
Senior User
Dec 22, 2006, 01:43 PM

WHAT?!? Hillary might use dirt on other candidates to make her look better than them??? SAY IT ISN'T SO!!! Why can't she play fair like the republicans who always run such tasteful and respectful campaigns?
It looks just like a telefunken' U-47 - Zappa

marden
Baninated
Dec 22, 2006, 02:08 PM

Originally Posted by jckalen View Post
WHAT?!? Hillary might use dirt on other candidates to make her look better than them??? SAY IT ISN'T SO!!! Why can't she play fair like the republicans who always run such tasteful and respectful campaigns?
Tsk, tsk, tsk. You really are cynical.

The kind of thing announced by Morris is not just a rumor or a story that a friend of a friend suspects they heard from a reliable source.

I will remind you all that Dick Morris was eventually revealed as the anonymous author of the book, Primary Colors, which was the fictional account of a Clintonesque presidential campaign where this same thing happens.

But we've never heard of this being confirmed in real life presidential politics before, have we?

tie
Professional Poster
Dec 22, 2006, 02:19 PM

Originally Posted by red rocket View Post

Who? Didn't we get that guy in Tora Bora a long time ago? Everyone knows Saddam Hussein was the real 9/11 mastermind.

Dork.
Professional Poster
Dec 22, 2006, 02:29 PM

Originally Posted by tie View Post
Who? Didn't we get that guy in Tora Bora a long time ago? Everyone knows Saddam Hussein was the real 9/11 mastermind.
Exactly. Haven't we always been at war with Iraq?

Mithras
Professional Poster
Dec 22, 2006, 03:28 PM

Didn't his parents separate when he was like two years old? So we should hate this guy and his evil plot to destroy America on account of his estranged father having been an agnostic Muslim, and his mother a religious Christian? Wake me up when the children are done playing.

black bear theory
Grizzled Veteran
Dec 22, 2006, 04:42 PM

what exactly am i getting over?

the op even says no one on "the right" has attacked him yet for this.

so what am i getting over?
i don't know about you personally - maybe you have nothing to get over. i don't know. are you upset that his middle name is hussein?

as far as attacks, 'excrement hitting the fan' 'nice knowing you', etc. as this is some big, huge revelation. "once a muslim, always a muslim?" - sounds really catchy - might work if obama, had actually, you know, ever been a muslim, which it seems he hasn't.

names are just that - names. it would be silly for anyone to try and use this as "ammunition". if they do, as the OP suggests, it would be silly.
Earth First! we'll mine the other planets later.

Snow-i
Professional Poster
Dec 23, 2006, 03:34 AM

My point black bear is that not one "right winger" on this board has attacked him. Nor have any right wing politicians.

All i see is a bunch of dems going crazy with sarcastic mockings of people attacking him for it...the "OMG HE EATS BABIES HIS NAME IS SADDAM" hyperbolisms.

Looks like "the right wingers" aren't the ones that have something to get over in this case.

idjeff
Senior User
Dec 23, 2006, 04:41 AM

uh...I don't want any muslim politicians. Just my personal opinion. Please don't ask me why. HEY!...that was easy. Christians are better than muslims. Woohoo!

You gotta tame the beast before you let it out of its cage.

ebuddy
Posting Junkie
Dec 23, 2006, 08:08 PM

Originally Posted by BRussell View Post
The right-wingers wouldn't vote for a Democrat anyway.
He's enjoying his honeymoon, but it'll be over soon. Truth be told, left-wingers will not vote for a black man as President. Simple fact.
ebuddy

goMac
Posting Junkie
Dec 23, 2006, 08:19 PM

Originally Posted by Mithras View Post
Didn't his parents separate when he was like two years old? So we should hate this guy and his evil plot to destroy America on account of his estranged father having been an agnostic Muslim, and his mother a religious Christian? Wake me up when the children are done playing.
That doesn't matter. He has the urge to establish Middle Eastern Restaurants in his DNA, and god knows we can't have that.
8 Core 2.8 ghz Mac Pro/GF8800/2 23" Cinema Displays, 3.06 ghz Macbook Pro
Once you wanted revolution, now you're the institution, how's it feel to be the man?

Chuckit
Clinically Insane
Dec 23, 2006, 08:20 PM

Originally Posted by marden View Post
Here's a coincidence.

Truth In Crisis - Focusing On Islam
If I put up a crazy conspiracy-theorist site that claims Christians want to make laws allowing them to all our babies, will you support ostracizing them too?
Chuck
___
"Instead of either 'multi-talented' or 'multitalented' use 'bisexual'."

goMac
Posting Junkie
Dec 23, 2006, 08:24 PM

Originally Posted by Chuckit View Post
If I put up a crazy conspiracy-theorist site that claims Christians want to make laws allowing them to all our babies, will you support ostracizing them too?
I'm pretty sure Marden/Abe isn't actually a real person. His arguments border on Stephen Colbert absurdity.
8 Core 2.8 ghz Mac Pro/GF8800/2 23" Cinema Displays, 3.06 ghz Macbook Pro
Once you wanted revolution, now you're the institution, how's it feel to be the man?

Chuckit
Clinically Insane
Dec 23, 2006, 08:41 PM

Originally Posted by goMac View Post
I'm pretty sure Marden/Abe isn't actually a real person. His arguments border on Stephen Colbert absurdity.
Eminently possible. But my mamma always taught me it was bad manners to accuse people of not being real, even if they weren't.
Chuck
___
"Instead of either 'multi-talented' or 'multitalented' use 'bisexual'."

tie
Professional Poster
Dec 23, 2006, 11:33 PM

My point black bear is that not one "right winger" on this board has attacked him. Nor have any right wing politicians.

All i see is a bunch of dems going crazy with sarcastic mockings of people attacking him for it...the "OMG HE EATS BABIES HIS NAME IS SADDAM" hyperbolisms.

Looks like "the right wingers" aren't the ones that have something to get over in this case.
See the first post in this thread. (Actually, though, I think it was meant as a joke.) Then see for example marden's posts. (But again, I also think that marden's persona was meant as a joke.) Oh well.

I have no idea if ebuddy's post -- "Truth be told, left-wingers will not vote for a black man as President. Simple fact." -- was a joke or not. Probably?

Spliffdaddy
Posting Junkie
Dec 23, 2006, 11:49 PM

I'm convinced that Democrats would not support a black presidential candidate as much as they would support a white presidential candidate.

My reasoning is that a good percentage of the Democrats I've met in my life tended to be the most overtly racist people.

Millennium
Clinically Insane
Dec 24, 2006, 12:05 AM

Democrats might vote for a black President, but Obama isn't the right kind of black President for them: he doesn't buy into the culture of victimhood.
You are in Soviet Russia. It is dark. Grue is likely to be eaten by YOU!

Forum Links
Forum Rules