Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > Software - Troubleshooting and Discussion > Applications > Meterologist - server down?

Meterologist - server down?
allblue
Forum Regular
May 7, 2007, 07:44 AM

I've had Meterologist 1.4.4 in my menubar for a while now (I was thrilled when I discovered that I could set it to my little town in Portugal!) but for the last week or so it has not been able to connect to the server. Has anyone else experienced this? Or heard anything about why this is happening?
"Believe nothing, no matter where you heard it, or who has said it, not even if I have said it, unless it agrees with your own reason and your own common sense."

Buddha

ed phelan
May 7, 2007, 07:58 AM

A temporary "fix" came down just the other day, I downloaded it and M works well for me again.

allblue  (op)
Forum Regular
May 7, 2007, 08:33 AM

Thanks for the quick reply ed. I found the patch at MacUpdate (Fix Meteorologist 1.1 - MacUpdate) but when I ran the patch it failed as it could not find 'weather.xml'. So I went to the source page (http://homepage.mac.com/jochs/files/meteo/weather.xml) and downloaded from there - twice - holding down alt the second time to stop it coming down as code - then opened the package of the main app, found the weather.xml file there and replaced it. Unfortunately, still no go. Oh well, I can always look out the window instead I suppose (it's sunny here!)
"Believe nothing, no matter where you heard it, or who has said it, not even if I have said it, unless it agrees with your own reason and your own common sense."

Buddha

JellyBeen
Senior User
May 7, 2007, 08:44 AM

Paste this in a Terminal window : sudo sh -c '/bin/echo "65.207.183.11 www.w3.weather.com" >> /etc/hosts'
Return, then your password.
Relaunch Meteo.
20"iMac intel 2.66 Duo: 4GB RAM : OS 10.6.6

allblue  (op)
Forum Regular
May 7, 2007, 09:05 AM

Thank you very much JB! Success! I'm not really a Terminal kinda guy (gives me the willies!) but by making the instructions idiot-proof I can now proudly inform you that it is 23˚ and sunny here in the Algarve!
Once again, the value of these forums (and the all-round cuddliness of Mac users) comes to my rescue.

Buddha

JellyBeen
Senior User
May 7, 2007, 09:28 AM

Glad I could help!
20"iMac intel 2.66 Duo: 4GB RAM : OS 10.6.6

rickey939
Addicted to MacNN
May 10, 2007, 12:13 AM

Excellent news - it looks like we may get some additional development on Meteo in the coming weeks and months. In the meantime, a new unofficial build has been posted that incorporates the various fixes, and is Universal to boot.

Meteorologist v1.4.5 (Universal)

Works great!

wolvenmeisje
Fresh-Faced Recruit
May 17, 2007, 04:23 PM

Hi there,

I have downloaded the patch Fix Meteorologist for Mac, in order to install it tells me for my MacOs X password. When I enter that it says it hasn't recognised and shuts down. I cannot use Meteorologist anymore. What to do now?

Thnx, Nikki

pendragon
Mac Enthusiast
May 17, 2007, 05:16 PM

I hate to ask, but...
Passwords are case sensitive. Is your Caps key down or stuck?
Harv
27" i7 iMac (10.10.3), iPhone 5 (iOS 8.3)
Those who can make you believe absurdities can make you commit atrocities. ~Voltaire

eri
Fresh-Faced Recruit
Jun 19, 2007, 09:10 PM

Greeting

I have downloaded the fix for meterologist 1.4.4 at Fix Meteorologist 1.1 - MacUpdate
as well, But when I click on it, nothing happens. Since it's a java script applet, it should works..

I also gave a shot at every advices posted here before, but nothing worked. I also found the version 1.4.5 but the city search option still doesn't find any city entry I have tried

Any suggestions or advices would be warmly welcome.

allblue  (op)
Forum Regular
Jun 26, 2007, 08:35 PM

For those that are interested 1.4.5 has now been officially released:

Meteorologist 1.4.5 - Mac OS X - VersionTracker

It has installed fine on my 10.3.9 iMac...

Buddha

Forum Links
Forum Rules