Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > Hardware - Troubleshooting and Discussion > Consumer Hardware & Components > Microsoft Intellitouch/SidewinderX6 help

Microsoft Intellitouch/SidewinderX6 help
ferg
Forum Regular
Nov 21, 2008, 09:32 AM

HI,

I recently purchased the Microsoft Sidewinder X6 keyboard, and am quite pleased(surprisingly) with the hardware. I have installed the Intellitouch software(v6.3) that came with it and it does not seem to detect the keyboard.

Posted a screenie here:

Now I realise that the MS keyboard will not function as it would on a Windows box, and it seems to function fairly well just on the Apple drivers, the only real issue is the remapping of the windows key to the Alt key.

Ideally, I would like to be able to activate and map the extra keys, but I have installed, reinstalled, unplugged, and plugged the keyboard into a few diff USB ports.

I have ready through the help and it says to goto Key Settings in the Intellitouch pref pane and select Update Keyboard from the pop-up menu...which does not seem to exist. Now That could be because it is not sensing the keyboard(perhaps because the Apple drivers supersede it) or there is a conflict(perhaps with my Logitec mouse driver).

I am running a DP G5 with MacOS X 10.5.5.

Any ideas to get this to work, or any alternative apps that will map the keyboard the way I want? If not, not that big a deal, great keyboard otherwise.

Thanks much!

Cold Warrior
Nov 22, 2008, 12:48 AM

Take a look at the instructions on the page linked below and see if that will help

http://codyhanson.com/blog/2007/11/1...usb-keyboards/

ferg  (op)
Forum Regular
Nov 22, 2008, 12:01 PM

Brilliant, that definitely helped with the command/option key swapping. That is great, hopefully one day someone will work out how to activate all these extra keys.

Thanks so much for your help!

Forum Links
Forum Rules