Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > Software - Troubleshooting and Discussion > Alternative Operating Systems > Boot Camp + XP and bluetooth headsets on Mac Pro

Boot Camp + XP and bluetooth headsets on Mac Pro
bleee
Mac Enthusiast
Nov 18, 2006, 02:33 PM

I have a logitech mobile express headset, and I'm trying to pair it with windows xp pro and use it as a mic and ear piece for ventrillo.

The headset pairs fine with xp it shows up in the list of bluetooth devices, but I can't do anything else with it. I went into Sound Settings in windows checked all the tabs but couldn't find it anywhere.

This same headset works perfectly in OS X with the OS X version of ventrillo but that doesn't help me because the games I play are windows games.

Is this a driver issue that apple needs to resolve? a windows problem or am I just not doing something right?

I have the latest firmware for windows and I keep my drivers upto date whenever a new version of bootcamp is released.
2.66Ghz Mac Pro 2GM Ram 160Gig HD Ati X1900XT, 24" Dell 2407WFP
13.3" Mac Book Core Duo 2GIG Ram 80Gig HD
12" PowerBook 1.5Ghz 1.25GB Ram 60Gig HD
12" iBook 600Mhz (Late 2001) 640MB Ram 30Gig HD

markponcelet
Dedicated MacNNer
Nov 28, 2006, 06:33 PM

Okay. This is a total guess, but it may help.

While looking for a headset to buy today, I stumbled across this comment in Amazon.com for a USB headset. Here is the text of the comment. It's so odd that it just might help in your situation.

"Here is how to fix this: Go into Control Panel / Sounds & Audio Devices. On BOTH the Audio and Voice Tabs for the Sound Recording and Voice Recording menus, respectively, you need to UNCHECK the Microphone and Line-In boxes on the Properties tab for your sound card or mobo's onboard audio. This will force the game you are playing to then default to the next available mic which will be on your Plantronics headset, and you will be golden!"

I *so* doubt that this will help, but maybe playing around with those settings will lead you in the right direction. Good luck!

colormetal
Fresh-Faced Recruit
Dec 6, 2006, 03:44 AM

Originally Posted by bleee View Post
I have a logitech mobile express headset, and I'm trying to pair it with windows xp pro and use it as a mic and ear piece for ventrillo.

The headset pairs fine with xp it shows up in the list of bluetooth devices, but I can't do anything else with it. I went into Sound Settings in windows checked all the tabs but couldn't find it anywhere.

This same headset works perfectly in OS X with the OS X version of ventrillo but that doesn't help me because the games I play are windows games.

Is this a driver issue that apple needs to resolve? a windows problem or am I just not doing something right?

I have the latest firmware for windows and I keep my drivers upto date whenever a new version of bootcamp is released.
i have the same problem as urs
have a moto hs805, paired with xp in 10 sec, but can't do nothing more.
check the support service of my bt device, nothing showed up
thats why we can't use it as a bt headset, mic or speaker
should be the problem of driver
bicoz the headset works great under macosx
any thoughts?

bleee  (op)
Mac Enthusiast
Dec 6, 2006, 03:08 PM

Well since you have the same problem as me I'm going to assume it's a driver issue. Which sucks because the only reason I bought a bluetooth headset was to use it with my mac pro in windows for games because Apple doesn't include a mic in jack. I think my only alternative is to buy a USB headset.
2.66Ghz Mac Pro 2GM Ram 160Gig HD Ati X1900XT, 24" Dell 2407WFP
13.3" Mac Book Core Duo 2GIG Ram 80Gig HD
12" PowerBook 1.5Ghz 1.25GB Ram 60Gig HD
12" iBook 600Mhz (Late 2001) 640MB Ram 30Gig HD

novus
Fresh-Faced Recruit
Nov 8, 2007, 07:59 PM

I'm having the same problem with a BlueAnt Z9.

MacBook Pro
BootCamp 2.0
WIndows XP Pro SP2

I can pair the device but it has no services. I have yet to find any info on the net. I'm just glad to find that other people are having problems so I know I"m not crazy.

ghporter
Administrator
Nov 8, 2007, 08:58 PM

Has anyone tried markponcelet's approach yet?

Glenn -----OTR/L, MOT, Tx

novus
Fresh-Faced Recruit
Nov 8, 2007, 10:38 PM

I think Mark's approach is only if the device is connected. The rest of us are having problems getting the bluetooth device to connect at all. I will give it a try when I get home though.

eciraje
Fresh-Faced Recruit
Dec 6, 2007, 06:18 PM

Hi
I have the same problem with MOTOrola bluetooth headset.
My Hardware is MACMINI.
I am unable to pair my Bluetooth headsets when i am in XP mode. I tried different bluetooth headsets. These handset get paired and work fine when i am in the Leopard.

In XP when i try to pair with code i see notification that installion successful, however under the headset properties no servies are listed.

can you help.

Ovchar
Fresh-Faced Recruit
Jun 15, 2008, 12:25 PM

Does anyone find the solution?

ModernMonk
Fresh-Faced Recruit
Jan 9, 2009, 07:27 PM

I can't believe this problem hasn't been solved yet.

From what I have read, the problem is that microsoft does not implement the WIDCOMM bluetooth stack, instead they use their own certified stack. Most devices use the WIDCOMM stack that has more room for profiles or whatever.

The reason we have such a problem is we don't have a dongle that came with software to use, we are stuck with the bootcamp and microsoft software. I have searched far and wide and nowhere can you find WIDCOMM drivers.

I just got my headset today and paired it up, but again no services are available.

This has been a problem for a year and a half, why can't microsoft fix their dumb drivers?!

Forum Links
Forum Rules