Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > Hardware - Troubleshooting and Discussion > iPhone, iPad & iPod > New Apple Products for Me!

New Apple Products for Me!
raf66
Fresh-Faced Recruit
Jan 17, 2009, 10:35 AM

Hi everyone. Wow, what an exciting two weeks it's been for me. Two weeks ago I purchased my first Mac computer, an iMac 20" 2.66 ghz, and yesterday I got an iPod touch (8gb) for my birthday from my wife and kids. I couldn't be happier!

The touch is unbelievable. I've been using my daughter's old 2gb iPod nano 1st gen and was really impressed with it (even though it's a little outdated), and my experience with it led me to want to upgrade to a new iPod.

It's awesome and seems to fill many roles besides just being a "music player". It's a PDA, with contacts, calendar and emailing capabilities. It's a "mini-laptop" with wireless internet capabilities. It plays games. And it's an audio and video player.

Wow, they really do "just get it" in Cupertino, CA.

Just wanted to check in and say hello to everyone and let you know that I'm excited to learn from all of you.

shifuimam
Addicted to MacNN
Jan 17, 2009, 03:49 PM

Welcome to the party!

What made you decide to buy the iMac?
Sell or send me your vintage Mac things if you don't want them.

Hg2491
Grizzled Veteran
Jan 17, 2009, 09:14 PM

Happy belated birthday! The iPod Touch is a wonderful little device. I find myself using less and less my MacBook because of it. It's great for chatting, emailing, movies, and, of course, music. It's like having an extension of your Mac in your pocket at all times.

Cheers,
Hg+

raf66  (op)
Fresh-Faced Recruit
Jan 18, 2009, 12:32 AM

shifuimam, I've been using Windows machines forever, most recently a Sony Vaio laptop that I've had for 5 years, and just got tired of the "hiccups" such as slowdowns, virus and crapware, perpetual updates that were taking longer and longer to load, etc. I had learned quite a lot about the "inner workings" of my PC over the years while trying to scrub drives, configuring startups, etc. and felt very comfortable with the OS but just decided that I wanted something different. Boy am I glad I made the switch. This is the way personal/business computing should be!

Hg2491, thanks for the birthday wishes. I completely agree that my iPod Touch is like having my mini iMac with me all the time. This little gadget is fantastic. And boy does it run seamlessly with the iMac.

Big Mac
Clinically Insane
Jan 18, 2009, 01:19 AM

Welcome!

"The natural progress of things is for liberty to yield and government to gain ground." TJ

Forum Links
Forum Rules