Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > Hardware - Troubleshooting and Discussion > Consumer Hardware & Components > Apple TV slow sync

Apple TV slow sync
Lava Lamp Freak
Jun 22, 2007, 11:05 AM

I just bought an Apple TV yesterday. I've not been able to successfully complete the first sync. On the first attempt, it got hung up on one TV show. I let it sit for about 15 minutes and the progress bar barely moved. I quit out of iTunes and restart the Apple TV, and when it started syncing again, it finished in less than a minute. It was very fast. I thought that was great, so I added my whole TV show collect to my library and it started syncing again. This time it got caught up again.

Is this an Apple TV issue or an Airport issue? I am having additional Airport issues that I have posted in that forum, but I'm not sure if this is related.

I am aware that I can connect it via ethernet to complete a sync, but I've not tried it yet.

Mrjinglesusa
Professional Poster
Jun 22, 2007, 12:01 PM

Originally Posted by Lava Lamp Freak View Post
I just bought an Apple TV yesterday. I've not been able to successfully complete the first sync. On the first attempt, it got hung up on one TV show. I let it sit for about 15 minutes and the progress bar barely moved. I quit out of iTunes and restart the Apple TV, and when it started syncing again, it finished in less than a minute. It was very fast. I thought that was great, so I added my whole TV show collect to my library and it started syncing again. This time it got caught up again.

Is this an Apple TV issue or an Airport issue? I am having additional Airport issues that I have posted in that forum, but I'm not sure if this is related.

I am aware that I can connect it via ethernet to complete a sync, but I've not tried it yet.
Couple of things.

1) It's likely your "additional Airport issues" may be the problem. Get them sorted out and see if that helps.

2) It takes a LONG time to complete a sync, especially if you are transferring a lot of stuff. I only put my music and photos on my AppleTV (about 17GB) and it took over 24 hours to complete.

Forum Links
Forum Rules