Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > Enthusiast Zone > Networking > Airport Port Mapping-Hosting works, Joining doesn't!

Airport Port Mapping-Hosting works, Joining doesn't!
Footy
Mac Elite
Sep 9, 2002, 11:03 PM

Help me Tooki (or anyone else ),

Hello All,

OK I've done all the research and I've managed to get Hosting a Hornet Korea game over at Game Ranger to work but I'm not able to Join a game.

I've set up the Airport as follows: Network panel set to Airport - Manually - IP Address 10.0.1.201 Subnet Mask 255.255.255.0 Router 10.0.1.1 Proper DNS Server number for my ISP and Domain Name for my ISP.

Airport Admin Utility Port Mapping settings: Public Port 2481, Private IP Address 10.0.1.201, Pirvate Port 2481.

I can now Host a game over at Gamer Ranger but I can't Join a game. If I Host all can see me and I can see them. If I Join a game they can see me but I can't see them.

Side note: Since setting my ISP's DNS and Domain in the Airport Manually window I can now surf the web with no problems. Thank you All for that. Still can't join an internet game.

Can't figure it out can someone help me please? I will beg!

OS9.2.2 and OSX10.2 internet panels are set the same way. Though I play under OS9 for this particular online game. AT&T Broadband Internet (cable). White Airport base station. Cable modem pluged into the WAN port as it should be. Need more info just ask.

Footy  (op)
Mac Elite
Sep 10, 2002, 07:14 PM

Tooki, vmarks,

I'm I to assume that you can't answer this question?
( Last edited by Footy; Sep 10, 2002 at 09:02 PM. )

Footy  (op)
Mac Elite
Sep 10, 2002, 10:16 PM

Is it possible that I spend more time here than the mods?

Forum Links
Forum Rules