Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > Software - Troubleshooting and Discussion > GUI Customization > Aesthetic Groove for the Apple.

Aesthetic Groove for the Apple.
gruneeitelkeit
Apr 23, 2005, 04:32 AM

For those of you who are familiar with the talented design group, fourimpressions, I'll be currently making ports of their Visual Styles for the mac.

Aesthetic Groove by FOURIMPRESSIONS.

PREVIEW

Coming soon for the Apple.

Gerrit Vanoppen
Grizzled Veteran
Apr 23, 2005, 08:29 AM

Been a while since I last visited their site, good to see it works in Safari now.

I'm looking forward to see some of their work become available on mac, and I think Aesthetic Groove is an awsome choice because it's so completely different from the numerous metal/blue and glossy themes we already have over here.

Keep it up, grune

Stuphalina
Grizzled Veteran
Apr 23, 2005, 10:32 AM

OooOooh! Can't wait for that.

If I will be able to use it in Tiger

Smoke me a kipper, I'll be back for breakfast!

kwyjiboy
Dedicated MacNNer
Apr 23, 2005, 07:46 PM

That's the most impossible to navigate site I've ever attempted to use. Also, that preview made me want to claw my eyes out.
Septuple post! Quadruple word score!

gruneeitelkeit  (op)
Apr 24, 2005, 03:12 AM

Originally Posted by kwyjiboy
That's the most impossible to navigate site I've ever attempted to use. Also, that preview made me want to claw my eyes out.

I'm sorry that you are such an incompetent being. The navigation seems simple enough to me - a standard nav bar with drop down menus. But hey, not all people can handle that. If you see something wrong with my screenshot, perhaps you can give constructive advice on what should be done. Telling us that you want to claw your eyes out help no one.

MarkLT1
Mac Enthusiast
Apr 24, 2005, 11:16 AM

Originally Posted by gruneeitelkeit
I'm sorry that you are such an incompetent being. The navigation seems simple enough to me - a standard nav bar with drop down menus. But hey, not all people can handle that. If you see something wrong with my screenshot, perhaps you can give constructive advice on what should be done. Telling us that you want to claw your eyes out help no one.
I wouldnt sweat comments like that. Around here, there are always a few "bad apples" who come in and give oh-so-constructive comments.

IMHO, I am not a big fan of brown/beige anything, so I dont know if I would use this, but, it does look very sharp. A constructive comment- you might want to consider making the black text on brown, white (like you have it in the menu preview). It is MUCH easier on the eyes that way, and would make the theme more usable. Also, the close, max, min buttons on the window seem a little narrow/tall to me. Even a pixel or two wider would seem to fit better, then again, I haven't seen the original theme, so the tall/skinny might be dead on for what you are going for.

Keep up the good work!

ZXspectrum
Dedicated MacNNer
Apr 24, 2005, 11:44 AM

Extremely Refreshing

cruciarius
Mac Enthusiast
Apr 24, 2005, 12:50 PM

Originally Posted by kwyjiboy
that site is very easy to navigate...

the theme...though i would never touch it, since brown isn't a color i like, it is something new, which is good. make sure you finish it though.

Nebagakid
Mac Elite
Apr 24, 2005, 12:55 PM

Long live the Apple

gruneeitelkeit  (op)
Apr 24, 2005, 06:17 PM

Originally Posted by MarkLT1
I wouldnt sweat comments like that. Around here, there are always a few "bad apples" who come in and give oh-so-constructive comments.

IMHO, I am not a big fan of brown/beige anything, so I dont know if I would use this, but, it does look very sharp. A constructive comment- you might want to consider making the black text on brown, white (like you have it in the menu preview). It is MUCH easier on the eyes that way, and would make the theme more usable. Also, the close, max, min buttons on the window seem a little narrow/tall to me. Even a pixel or two wider would seem to fit better, then again, I haven't seen the original theme, so the tall/skinny might be dead on for what you are going for.

Keep up the good work!

Thanks for the criticism. I'll definitely get to changing around those font colors. I actually don't have shapeshifter and am currently working with only DLTAs. But of course I'll change the font color sceme for GuiKit users. The buttons unfortunately, i think im going to keep that way. It's the way they look on the windows version, and i want to keep things as accurate as possible.

LBoogie
Apr 25, 2005, 08:20 AM

I love these themes, I've been using them for quite some time on my peecee. I can't wait to see them on os x. Good luck in the conversion

bentoon
Dedicated MacNNer
Apr 25, 2005, 09:01 AM

Viva La Revolution !

Nice work

deermatt
Mac Enthusiast
Apr 25, 2005, 03:17 PM

yeah that site is horrible, i had no idea what i was doing or clicking.. and that theme looks like a cheap pc theme from 5yrs ago, it takes away from macs classyness
photography is beautiful

Skip Breakfast
Mac Enthusiast
Apr 25, 2005, 06:42 PM

I don't like it.
PowerMac G4 Gigabit 1.2GHz, 896MB, 2x 80GB WD SE, Pioneer 107, Radeon 9000 Pro 128MB

Macintosh TV

Spook E
Mac Enthusiast
Apr 25, 2005, 11:13 PM

any chance of seeing Japan 04 modded and a nice wall to go with it?

gruneeitelkeit  (op)
Apr 26, 2005, 03:28 AM

In the future, it's very likely =O)
I don't know when I'll be able to get to it. These ports take longer than I thought they would.

Does anyone have any good advice on how to efficiently create ports. There are just so many different items in the theme file that need to be replaced.

Gerrit Vanoppen
Grizzled Veteran
Apr 26, 2005, 03:44 AM

In the future, it's very likely =O)
I don't know when I'll be able to get to it. These ports take longer than I thought they would.
Does anyone have any good advice on how to efficiently create ports. There are just so many different items in the theme file that need to be replaced.
ThemePark <> PhotoShop.
Just keep up the good work, grune - no need to rush.
I myself was once tempted to get this 4imp porting going, but my daily job simply won't let me.
Meanwhile, I gladly find out you're going for the accuracy approach

mac15
Senior User
Apr 26, 2005, 06:29 AM

Oh god yes! I came so close to porting this myself - glad to see someone is saving me lots of work
( Last edited by mac15; Apr 28, 2005 at 08:42 AM. )

sushiism
Grizzled Veteran
Apr 28, 2005, 05:36 AM

Icons are very nice, menu bar is pretty useless (might be a bit more readable at mac gamma seen as I'm on a pc at the minute), would like to see some icons for the tool bars because I find text to be pretty backward.

Zimphire
Baninated
Apr 28, 2005, 07:49 AM

Coming soon for the Apple.

Forum Links
Forum Rules