Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > Community > MacNN Lounge > RedLightRunner.com's prices

RedLightRunner.com's prices
starman
Clinically Insane
Mar 22, 2002, 02:40 PM

Is it me or did their prices jump like 200-300% in the last month? I swear I saw some of their items for a fraction of the price just 3-4 weeks ago.

Mike

Home - Twitter - Sig Wall-Retired - Flickr

scaught
Addicted to MacNN
Mar 22, 2002, 04:40 PM

maybe that was before this. has anyone else noticed wired giving an extra amount of attention to mac related stuff lately? i mean, theyve always given us a pretty decent amount of airtime but lately it seems like everyday theres some tidbit.

PseuFighter
Forum Regular
Mar 22, 2002, 05:08 PM

What I find really funny is when AppleDesigns went out of business, or stopped taking mail-orders, they had this huge fire-sale, and most of what you see at RedLightRunner anyone could have swiped for about 95-99% off their prices. Some of their shirts I picked up for $2, posters for no more than $10, and watches for under $15. Oh well.
Let's show 'em why Macworld 2003 won't be like Macworld 2002.

applenut1
Senior User
Mar 22, 2002, 08:07 PM

the Apple Lionel cars they have for $299 are only rare because they bought them all up

Trainworld/Trainland had about a dozen of em last year for about 40 bucks each. I bought one and was going to buy a second for my layout and then all oif a sudden they sold ALL of em. Then a few weeks later they appeared on Redlightrunner for 200 bucks each and have since risen to 300.

what an asshole.

starman  (op)
Clinically Insane
Mar 23, 2002, 03:30 AM

Well, I'm glad it wasn't me. These guys seem to be pricing themselves out of sales instead of pricing them a little more realistically and actaully MAKING money.

Mike

Home - Twitter - Sig Wall-Retired - Flickr

PseuFighter
Forum Regular
Mar 24, 2002, 06:57 AM

Originally posted by applenut1:
<STRONG>the Apple Lionel cars they have for $299 are only rare because they bought them all up

Trainworld/Trainland had about a dozen of em last year for about 40 bucks each. I bought one and was going to buy a second for my layout and then all oif a sudden they sold ALL of em. Then a few weeks later they appeared on Redlightrunner for 200 bucks each and have since risen to 300.

what an asshole.</STRONG>
I almost gauranee they did the same thing with AppleDesigns.
Let's show 'em why Macworld 2003 won't be like Macworld 2002.

pkatt
Dedicated MacNNer
Mar 24, 2002, 12:33 PM

I know their prices are high, but they are about the only place to get anything "Apple." In the long run, their high prices will just destroy the, (or force them to lower prices). If it helps at all, until Mar. 31, use the word "woz" in the comments and get 10% off. "The Apple Stuff Store" also has a sale going on now.

TheJoshu
Mac Elite
Mar 24, 2002, 01:44 PM

Yeah, whatever happened to AppleDesigns?

It was an official Apple site, no? The site had a great design to it - this elevator theme with lots of Apple logos and bits, et cetera. I loved it.

Then it disappeared, and for a while the link stopped going anywhere, then it forwarded to a section of the Apple Store saying that it would soon be implemented there - thereafter, the link just stopped responding again.

G4ME
Addicted to MacNN
Mar 24, 2002, 05:36 PM

Redlightrunner marks their shit up by at least 200%, I came a cross some cube and G4, iBook along with that Yingyang iMac posters off of Ebay, all for 65 bucks about 35 total posters, kept one of each and two of the Cube and the G4 (BC I love the cube and My G4).

I sold them to red light runner, for 100 bucks, about 17 posters, at about 5 bucks a pice and next week I saw the same posters for 20 -30 -and even 40 bucks for the Cube.

If you want posters go to ebay and they are like 7 bucks max compared to the 30 and up at redlightrunner.

I GOT WASTED WITH PHIL SHERRY!!!

Forum Links
Forum Rules