Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > Hardware - Troubleshooting and Discussion > Mac Notebooks > How are the fans on the new 15" PowerBool

How are the fans on the new 15" PowerBool
skyman
Mac Elite
Oct 1, 2003, 12:42 AM

The only thing I really hate about my 1GHz Ti are the BLOODY FANS!!

How is the heat and the fans on the new 15" Al PowerBooks????
( Last edited by skyman; Oct 1, 2003 at 11:13 AM. )

cdhostage
Mac Elite
Oct 1, 2003, 01:23 AM

The fan hasn't even gone on on mine yet. Ambient temp is around 60 degrees Farenheight and I've been ripping music, burning CDs, and running Folding@Home since I got this baby.

I'm on a flat wooden desk surface, and can see a half a millimeter or so of daylight underneath the 15Al. The speaker grilles are oversized, probably so's they can function as air inlets, for the computer vents heat out the back and up the screen, where I can't feel it unless I feel around for it. I don't know how they did it - the keyboard is quite cool to the touch, but the air rising off the hinge-area is very warm. Wonder what temp makes the fans kick on.
Actual conversation between UCLA and Stanford during a login on early Internet - U: I'm going to type an L! Did you get an L? S: I got one-one-four. L! U:Did you get the O? S: One-one-seven. U: <types G> S: The computer just crashed.

carnagex2000
Forum Regular
Oct 1, 2003, 01:54 AM

60 degrees? Damn now my 12" sounds like hell itself.
Powerbook 12" 640MB 60GB AirportExteme Canon 10D and my good looks 8^D

Fellow2000
Dedicated MacNNer
Oct 1, 2003, 02:57 AM

I don't know, what is a PowerBool?

ae86_16v
Mac Elite
Oct 1, 2003, 03:10 AM

I have only heard my fan once. . . the first night, was installing stuff and messing around for 6 hours.

I usually use it on a wooden desk.

cdhostage
Mac Elite
Oct 1, 2003, 09:09 AM

No, no, it's 60 degrees in the room. The air rising off the back of the computer is maybe 95 or 100 degrees F.
Actual conversation between UCLA and Stanford during a login on early Internet - U: I'm going to type an L! Did you get an L? S: I got one-one-four. L! U:Did you get the O? S: One-one-seven. U: <types G> S: The computer just crashed.

gostan
Oct 1, 2003, 09:23 AM

Fan?? What fan!!!

I will have to try burning a dvd, but I have yet to hear the fan go on in my 15 Albook.

Forum Links
Forum Rules