Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > Enthusiast Zone > Art & Graphic Design > JVC DV camcorders and iMovie?

JVC DV camcorders and iMovie?
Alvin K. Trace
Oct 28, 2000, 04:18 PM

I'm really upset...just bought an iMac DV to edit video with my JVC camcorder and find out that the JVC GR-DV3 is not compatible with iMovie or iMovie 2. Does Apple think that JVC is not a significant enough video electronics company? Can anybody help with upgrade or patch info or do I buy another camera...bummer!

Gretar Ivarssson
Oct 29, 2000, 03:32 PM

I�m using a JVC-GR DVL 107E with iMovie2 and I have no problems. It also works with FCP.

thndrdan88
Fresh-Faced Recruit
Nov 6, 2000, 12:30 PM

I also bought a JVC DV Camcorder and it would download the movies to my new iMac DVSE but would not accept the export of the edited video. From what I have heard from others, the problem exists because of JVC, not Apple. From what I understand, JVC did not want to pay for the "Firewire" licensing from Apple so the standard is just different enough that it is not compatible with iMovie. I was lucky enough to find this out sooner rathter then later and quickly returned the JVC and got a Sony TRV-120 which I am very happy with.

Forum Links
Forum Rules