Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > Our Archives > General Archives > Macs in the Media > Apple envy

Apple envy
marcmitc
Fresh-Faced Recruit
May 9, 2001, 11:33 AM

I'm not sure how long Intel's campaign has been running, but I find it suspiciously similar to Apple's "digital hub" model. Also, take a look at Intel's "Intel Inside" logo. It's a total copy of OS X, both its logo and feel. The ads I've seen are running in Entertainment Weekly. Also take a look at http://www.intel.com/

Nimisys
Banned
May 11, 2001, 05:04 PM

that intel inside logo has been around long before OSX was ever dreamed up in any form. sorry

Intel hgas also been pushing the digital thing since the P3 intro with its internet inhancements. sorry about that too.

juanvaldes
Addicted to MacNN
May 14, 2001, 03:30 PM

Originally posted by marcmitc:
Also, take a look at Intel's "Intel Inside" logo. It's a total copy of OS X, both its logo and feel.
I just don't see it. How?

------------------
"Imagine the disincentive to software development if after months of work another company could come along and copy your work and market it under its own name...without legal restraints to such copying, companies like Apple could not afford to advance the state of the art."
- Bill Gates, 1983 (New York Times, 25 Sep 1983, p. F2)
The spirit of resistance to government is so valuable on certain occasions, that I wish it always to be kept alive.
- Thomas Jefferson, 1787

Macintosh
Banned
May 14, 2001, 05:52 PM

I see what you are saying,but its debatable whether Intel or Apple have first used this strategy. And Apple doesn't say the "G4 is the digital hub." It says the hardware and software is the digital hub. Intels slogan is actually quite stupid. I know I don't pull out my G4 and listen to music on it!

Nimisys
Banned
May 15, 2001, 03:42 AM

intel and the music thing:

intel was addressing the growing number of people who are using their computers as a stereo through Mp3 and good sound cards (though with genereally crappy 120watt speakers). thats what they are talking about, mp3's being played on the computer.

MrWinther
Fresh-Faced Recruit
May 15, 2001, 08:32 AM

And just for the fun of it, I sendt this comment to them:

"Rip of from Apple"

Got an friendly reply that they didnt know what I ment. I sent reply, got no reply back. . . . . . . :-o

Nimisys
Banned
May 15, 2001, 04:26 PM

Originally posted by MrWinther:
And just for the fun of it, I sendt this comment to them:

"Rip of from Apple"

Got an friendly reply that they didnt know what I ment. I sent reply, got no reply back. . . . . . . :-o

of cource they woun't no what your were tlaking baout, i don't even know.

but i do know intel had the whole digital thing goiing on since the p3, and the intel inside logo since the 486.

Forum Links
Forum Rules