Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > Community > MacNN Lounge > TOOL: Schism - what do you think?

TOOL: Schism - what do you think?
crazyjohnson
Grizzled Veteran
May 3, 2001, 05:39 PM

What do you think about Schism, the first single from Lateralus (coming out May 15th)? If you dont have it, or did not hear it on the radio check out:
-http://sparc.localline.com/schism.mp3
-www.toolband.com
-napster

------------------
Like the band TOOL? Want to stay up to date? Want to be sent news updates? Send an e-mail to [email protected] and put "subscribe" (without the
quotes) in the subject line of the email.
Change your world and you will change your mind.

alieng79
Fresh-Faced Recruit
May 3, 2001, 06:29 PM

Listening to it right now, i like the sound, but the lyrics are a little weak for TOOL...Im sure after listening to it more and more im sure i will like it more and more. Though Undertow is still and will always be my favorite TOOL album...

juanvaldes
Addicted to MacNN
May 3, 2001, 06:43 PM

...finally, after years of wait the new album is finally going to be released! I can't wait!

------------------
"Imagine the disincentive to software development if after months of work another company could come along and copy your work and market it under its own name...without legal restraints to such copying, companies like Apple could not afford to advance the state of the art."
- Bill Gates, 1983 (New York Times, 25 Sep 1983, p. F2)
The spirit of resistance to government is so valuable on certain occasions, that I wish it always to be kept alive.
- Thomas Jefferson, 1787

crazyjohnson  (op)
Grizzled Veteran
May 3, 2001, 07:45 PM

Lyrics are OK. For me the song starts a little slow. I dont think Schism will be my fav song on the CD. I have heard that the other songs are VERY drum heavy (Danny is the man!). Schism seems a little too controlled.

I still think that Aenima is their best effort . . . but I dont know, Lateralus will blow it out of the water. The thing about this album is that after 5 years TOOL is going to make sure that EVERY song on the CD is ****ing kick ass.

Originally posted by alieng79:
Listening to it right now, i like the sound, but the lyrics are a little weak for TOOL...Im sure after listening to it more and more im sure i will like it more and more. Though Undertow is still and will always be my favorite TOOL album...

------------------
Like the band TOOL? Want to stay up to date? Want to be sent news updates? Send an e-mail to [email protected] and put "subscribe" (without the
quotes) in the subject line of the email.

finboy
May 4, 2001, 01:25 AM

Saw that TOOL is playing Atlanta, the Tabernacle, on May 15, which I think is Tuesday two weeks from now. Great small venue, even if you do have to brave downtown Atlanta.

Just thought some of you would like to know. I saw this in my local Free Times, I haven't checked pollstar.com to verify.

------------------
Shop smart, shop S-Mart! You got that!!?!!

crazyjohnson  (op)
Grizzled Veteran
May 4, 2001, 01:22 PM

Sorry buddy, but that thing sold out in 30 seconds or so. REALLY! It was almost that quick. Scalpers have ticks. But they are selling them for $200 because everyone wants one.

Originally posted by finboy:
Saw that TOOL is playing Atlanta, the Tabernacle, on May 15, which I think is Tuesday two weeks from now. Great small venue, even if you do have to brave downtown Atlanta.

Just thought some of you would like to know. I saw this in my local Free Times, I haven't checked pollstar.com to verify.

------------------
Like the band TOOL? Want to be sent news updates regarding new TOOL news? Send an e-mail to
[email protected] and put "subscribe" (without the quotes) in the subject line of the email.

poocat
Mac Elite
May 4, 2001, 01:40 PM

aenima is definitely my favorite, although the song opiate may be their best song ever.
i've been looking forward to this new album for years
(along with all the rest of you) and i can't wait!

poocat.
"The supreme irony of life is that hardly anyone gets out of it alive."
-Robert A. Heinlein, Job

crazyjohnson  (op)
Grizzled Veteran
May 4, 2001, 03:09 PM

aenima is definitely my favorite
Same.

although the song opiate may be their best song ever.
Its up there!

i've been looking forward to this new album for years
(along with all the rest of you) and i can't wait!
Neither can I. I dont care as much any more. I have been waitin' real hard for over a year. I run a TOOL mailing list, so I have always kept up on the news . . . but after TOOL has delayed the album a few times, I kind of get used to it.

[This message has been edited by crazyjohnson (edited 05-04-2001).]

Forum Links
Forum Rules