Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > Hardware - Troubleshooting and Discussion > iPhone, iPad & iPod > MobileMe Users: Where will you go now?

MobileMe Users: Where will you go now?
Helmling
Mac Elite
Oct 15, 2011, 04:13 PM

Well, the transition has begun. I thought iCloud might save me a ton of money if it could replace my DropBox account and my MobileMe for less cost, but iCloud file sync is underwhelming. (I'm almost relieved; I think DropBox is a great service and I wanted to keep supporting the little David against the big Goliath.)

The problem is, of course, that my web hosting is going bye-bye, too. The gallery isn't much of a loss. I mean, my wife puts all that stuff up on facebook anyway, so it was redundant and under-appreciated. Still, I'm curious where others are moving their galleries? I don't know of anything that has the great setup for videos that MobileMe did.

My website is another issue. iWeb hosting was soooo nice and easy. I'm at a loss as to where go with my data now...Where are you other MobileMe guys going?

Salty
Professional Poster
Oct 15, 2011, 10:50 PM

I use hostica for my website, not quite as point and click as Mobile Me but you can FTP into it using iWeb and your'e good (not that I use iWeb.)

Forum Links
Forum Rules