Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > Hardware - Troubleshooting and Discussion > Mac Notebooks > The Mac is so easy compared to the PC

The Mac is so easy compared to the PC
normr
Fresh-Faced Recruit
Apr 4, 2004, 11:02 AM

I've set up a Orinoco RG-1000 wireless router at work for everyone to use, the Mac set up in literally 3 seconds, I've been trying to set up some PC's and have been trying for 3 hours and still can't get it work, NO WONDER THEY CALL IT PLUG AND PRAY.

typoon
Addicted to MacNN
Apr 4, 2004, 01:06 PM

Originally posted by normr:
I've set up a Orinoco RG-1000 wireless router at work for everyone to use, the Mac set up in literally 3 seconds, I've been trying to set up some PC's and have been trying for 3 hours and still can't get it work, NO WONDER THEY CALL IT PLUG AND PRAY.
LOL That's also why you use a Mac. My mac has surprised me a few times with the devices it picks up when i just plug them in.
"Evil is Powerless If the Good are Unafraid." -Ronald Reagan

Apple and Intel, the dawning of a NEW era.

angelmb
Addicted to MacNN
Apr 4, 2004, 01:50 PM

moron mode: Do a search dude!, there are a lot of topics about that.
( Last edited by angelmb; Apr 4, 2004 at 05:36 PM. )

macross
Apr 4, 2004, 05:36 PM

Sorry for your situation, but for me, my netgear wireless router was a breeze to set up . Also why i chose it over that overpriced airport base station.

RooneyX
Mac Elite
Apr 4, 2004, 07:20 PM

In terms of networking Macs have become so easy to set up. But the vast amount of peripherals and upgrade cards don't have Mac drivers so don't listen to those who say 'We just plug it in and it works'. It only applies to a small amount of peripherals and networking devices. Some don't even have all features available, like CDRW - don't have packet writing yet on a Mac. So nothing is perfect...yet.

Forum Links
Forum Rules