Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > Hardware - Troubleshooting and Discussion > Mac Notebooks > question about connecting my 12"pb to a projector

question about connecting my 12"pb to a projector
macross
Apr 12, 2004, 01:47 PM

I was in class today connecting my 12"PB 867MHZ (REV A) for a presentation and i noticed that hte projection didn't show the wallpaper on my laptop. It just showed a basic blue default wallpaper. It didn't show the wallpaper that was actually there on my laptop. What is the reason behind this? I hear people mentioning it has to do with REV A not having something to do with a DVI and REV B having it?

stevek
Fresh-Faced Recruit
Apr 12, 2004, 01:59 PM

Have you used dual displays before? If not, then your PB might not know any desktop settings for the newly added display (assuming you're not running in mirrored mode). A quick trip to the Desktop & Screen Saver preference pane will bring up an additional setting window for each display you have running. This is how you can change your projector to have a background as well.
I have a TiBook. I have an iPod. Life is good.

KP*
Mac Enthusiast
Apr 12, 2004, 11:34 PM

Just to clarify, the PB thinks the projector is a second display, just as if it were another screen off to the left or right of your built-in screen. If you move your mouse off one side, it should show up on the projected image. When you go into desktop preferences, it will display a menu on both screens. You can select the desktop image you want on the projected screen by navigating the prefs menu on that screen (not the one on your actual PB.) So you can set it to have the same or different background. If you want people watching the projection to see exactly what you see on your screen, go to display prefs and select "mirror displays."

Forum Links
Forum Rules