Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > Software - Troubleshooting and Discussion > macOS > iCal icon not updating in Snow Leopard

iCal icon not updating in Snow Leopard
abbaZaba
Mac Elite
Nov 26, 2009, 04:23 PM

did I miss something or does the iCal icon not represent the current date in Snow Leopard? after upgrading, my iCal icon seems to be stuck on Nov. 21.

Gregg
Mac Elite
Nov 28, 2009, 04:44 PM

Which icon? The one in the Dock should be today's date. Any other iCal icon will be frozen in time.
Ya gotta applaud those bunnies for sacrificing their hearing just so some guy in Yonkers can have better TV reception.

abbaZaba  (op)
Mac Elite
Nov 28, 2009, 05:18 PM

my iCal icon in my dock is stuck on Nov. 21. when I launch it, it changes to the current date but I am pretty sure that it should display the current date even when not open

Gregg
Mac Elite
Nov 30, 2009, 12:58 PM

It certainly does in Leopard (10.5.8) although I don't keep it in the Dock. I did place it there before responding above, just to test it. So, my primary suspect is, as always, the associated plist file. In this case, that would be for the Dock.
Ya gotta applaud those bunnies for sacrificing their hearing just so some guy in Yonkers can have better TV reception.

Forum Links
Forum Rules