Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > Software - Troubleshooting and Discussion > Applications > Keyspan Remote and Panther

Keyspan Remote and Panther
Alex00087
Dedicated MacNNer
Dec 5, 2003, 10:18 PM

Ever since I upgraded to Panther, my Keyspan USB Remote still works everything except it wont adjust the system volume anymore. I updated the keyspan app to the latest as well..I emailed keyspan, no response in 2 weeks.

Anyone else have this problem?

jedimstr
Dec 6, 2003, 10:43 AM

Same problem here... hoping Keyspan will update their software again.

I'm using mine on an upgraded Cube with the regular USB speakers. No system volume adjustment from the Global settings, though I was able to get TVR's volume adjustment working (uses separate keystrokes).

SupahCoolX
Mac Elite
Dec 6, 2003, 06:44 PM

Same here. I sent an email to Keyspan customer support a day or two ago, and I'll post their response when I get it.

Alex00087  (op)
Dedicated MacNNer
Dec 6, 2003, 09:09 PM

Well good luck with that response because I emailed them 2 weeks ago.

tr
Mac Elite
Dec 7, 2003, 12:45 PM

ha ha...how strange, i was messing with my DMR last night, because the non-working volume was annoying the hell out of me. yeah, the mute works fine, but not the volume. i can get volume control in specific apps (DVD player, iTunes, etc), but not system wide.

i'm actually thinking of dumping this, and getting an ATI Remote Wonder. you can find them on ebay for about $30, and i've heard some good things about it. it's RF, not IR, it has dedicated left and right mouse buttons, plus, i think it has better mouse control than the keyspan (directional pad instead of left/right/up/down arrow keys).

tr

Jordan
Dedicated MacNNer
Dec 12, 2003, 03:29 PM

Hey tr,

where have you heard good things about the ATI Remote Wonder? An RF based remote is exactly what I am looking for. Want to be able to control iTunes from a distance.

Can see that it has mouse control including buttons etc, but my eyes are quite good enough to see through walls and aim the mouse. Does it have some sort of Macro type of thing so you can assign AppleScripts or something to it's buttons???

Thanks,

Jordan

Originally posted by tr:

i'm actually thinking of dumping this, and getting an ATI Remote Wonder. you can find them on ebay for about $30, and i've heard some good things about it. it's RF, not IR, it has dedicated left and right mouse buttons, plus, i think it has better mouse control than the keyspan (directional pad instead of left/right/up/down arrow keys).

tr
iPod Photo 60GB + 1Gb iPod Shuffle + iPod/3G/15GB + iPod Mini (Silver)
24" iMac 2.8Ghz/2GB/SuperDrive
Mac mini 1.66Ghz Intel Core Duo/1GB/SuperDrive + iPod Nano (Black)

SupahCoolX
Mac Elite
Dec 12, 2003, 07:07 PM

Originally posted by Alex00087:
Well good luck with that response because I emailed them 2 weeks ago.
Hmm.. It's now over a week since my email. Have you heard anything yet?

Alex00087  (op)
Dedicated MacNNer
Dec 12, 2003, 08:41 PM

I don't expect to. Its been just about a month. Should try calling them.

Forum Links
Forum Rules