Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > Hardware - Troubleshooting and Discussion > Mac Desktops > GooDByE iMaC :(

GooDByE iMaC :(
Alex00087
Dedicated MacNNer
Jan 8, 2001, 08:58 PM

Hey everyone, last night when me and my Indigo iMac DV were sleeping heard it make a popping noise and I tried to wake it up but the computer and I could hear the computer come on but the monitor doesnt come on and it makes this funny buzzing noise coming out of the speakers. I called apple tech support and they gave me a case number and I bring it in to a computerware store. The imac is only 2 weeks old.

My question is the hard drive gonna be erased when I bring it in? I havent had chance to backup yet. He said that it seems to be the problem with the video card or the monitor. So do I have to worry about all my files being erased? I cant backup now because the computer dont even come on. And is there a chance that the repair people would go snooping thru my files??This is the first time ive had one of my macs get broke.

Thankx,
Alex

[This message has been edited by Alex00087 (edited 01-08-2001).]

TimmyDee51
Mac Elite
Jan 8, 2001, 10:06 PM

You shouldn't have to worry about the contents of your hard drive. I would first ask them, though, if your hard drive has been/is going to be affected. If so, I would ask them to remove it, put it in one of their machines, back it up, and then go on with the procedure. Unless, that is, if it is your HD causing the troubles. My guess is that this is not the case. I think I have heard that the vid card in the new iMacs acts up in some cases. Your HD should be ok.
Per Square Mile | A blog about density

Forum Links
Forum Rules